The Morning After

DISCLAIMER: This is not an exact translation of the novel, "How to Secretly"by Khun Mame. Rather it is a retelling, or a fan-made rewrite based on references with liberal use of literary license to make it more readable and relatable to international readers.

Thank you very much to By_Haruhi for allowing me to use the snippers and reviews posted in her page on the novel; without which, I would not be able to write this retelling. Please follow her channel as well. <3 

PLEASE VOTE, FOLLOW and do leave a COMMENT on my retelling. Thank you very much.

*****

PROLOGUE

(The scene that preceeds this event can be read in "After the Football Game - To Reward a Drunk Man Bonus Chapter" which you may find on my list of works.)

*****

His eyes were wide shut.

In a half-sleep, his consciousness was beginning to wander. A sort of remembering about what happened the night before; getting out of the office, his time out with friends, the countless shots of liquor that seemed to be a rapid succession of impeding vagueness.

Then nothing! Just the darkness of sleep; the spinning world of intoxication and a vague voice whose words he could not remember, muffled by the sweet embrace of slumber.

Techno ached, like a swollen tooth; an ever present pain that seemed to radiate all over his body. Worst, he was tangled in something that did not allow him much movement.

A small sound coming from beside him made him open his eyes, only to close them back shut as the sun's glaring rays, filtering though the window of the room blinded him. He was thinking that he did not have a window at that exact spot but his thoughts were still muddy and could not really process the information. His brain still a little inebriated by the huge amount of alcohol he consumed the night before.

"P'No, are you awake now? "came a man's voice a few inches beside his ears. With it came the realization that what was tangled between and around his legs were human flesh, warm human flesh and an arm was slung across his chest.

Techno opened his eyes with a start, slowly turned his head towards where the voice came from and was suddenly eye to eye with a handsome face who was looking at him with adoration, a small, shy smile on the other young man's face.

Surprised, Techno jerked awake and tried to sit up from where he was lying beside his brother's bestfriend but a pain shot out from his butt, a jolt of pain that spread like wildfire all over his body.

"Owwww... my ass! Shia, my ass hurts! " Techno exclaimed, bending his body so that his hip was supporting most of his weight rather than is bottom.

Kengkla sat up. Looked at Techno with worry on his face, one of his hands gripped at the edge of the blanket that covered them and swallowed. He could see the discomfort and the pain that the other guy was feeling, much less the confusion that was clearly evident on his face.

"P'No, don't move much, ummmm, let me help you. P' don't move so much."

"No," Techno blurted out, his face twisted like a used toilet paper as he started to slowly inch away from the younger man; trying his hardest not to put too much weight where it hurt.

Seeing the elder guy trying to get away, an expression of mixed horror and apprehension on his face, Kengkla felt a tug inside his chest. Like he was hit hard with a jackhammer and he could not help but drop his eyes. After a moment of silence, he slowly raised his head up, looked straight into Techno's eyes and in a voice that was meant to convey the most emotions said, "P'No is angry and hates me already."