Before hand

As I sit in my room, going over the schedule of events for my fathers upcoming meeting, I hear a soft knock in my door. "Hey Princess, I just wanted to check on you and see how the papers were coming along." My dad says in his usual voice-like-butter way. "I should have it done before the end of the night dad, I'll bring it down when I'm done."  I responded. "Hey how much longer are you staying?" I asked him, he responded with a half sarcastic "till you kick me out" with a smirk on his face. I laughed and rolled my eyes as he closed my door.

About an hour later I had finished his meeting papers and took them down stairs for him to look over. "These look great sweetheart, thank you." He said, sounding very pleased. "Any time dad, you know I don't mind it." Came my response. "Oh yea, I found out that there will be another guy joining the club, his father used to be the Vice President you know. He's about your age, maybe you guys will hit it off." He pauses for a moment as if to think of his next comment "that is of course if I approve of him." I thought about it for a moment and wondered who it was. "Yea maybe... I'm going to head to bed though, you can go home whenever you please. Good night dad" and with that I walked upstairs.
After I got ready for bed, I couldn't help but wonder if my father was right. So I let myself wonder into a blissful sleep that kept me all night long.....