The Pizza Hut Demon

Why did I have to choose night shift? First it was a ghost possessing pepperoni. Then a vampire ransacked the kitchen trying to destroy all the garlic bread. And now, I have a bunch of kids trying to summon a demon through a pizza box.

  It seemed like it was going to be a normal night. The last 'incident' we had was three months ago, I still have nightmares. Could you blame me though? If you saw a old man in a black robe with crazy long fangs, throwing garlic bread across the room, you would have nightmares for three months too. But man, that was not even close to being as insane as this.

  Now I've seen some crazy things, like I said we've had a few 'incidents', I only wish someone had put it in the job description.

  About an hour before now, I had just gotten done organizing the toppings(I was bored) when I heard the door open. I walked to the counter and saw four kids standing by the counter. Now, I didn't really pay attention to what they looked like, I just saw a couple of distinguishing features.           

  The first one, the one closest to the counter, was wearing a black beanie. The second kid, to the left of the first, had bright blue hair. The third, to the right of the first, had a red scarf. And the fourth kid, behind them, had yellow eyes. I had to admit, they kinda creeped me out. The way they stood there, it was, for better words, unnatural. I caught myself staring. I looked away, feeling a bit uncomfortable.

"May I help you?" I asked, hoping to break the awkward silence.

  Beanie kid blinked, then looked at me.

"Uh... nah, we're just thinking..."

  Beanie kid continued to stare at me, then turned and whispered to his group.

  It was stange, they were right there, but I couldn't hear a word of what they were saying. I didn't even hear mumbling, just silence. They turned to me and ordered one large cheese pizza, and one small pepperoni pizza.

  Few minutes later I came back with the pizzas. They paid me, then walked over and sat down in front of the counter. They were sitting in a circle around the boxes. I watched as they shared the cheese pizza, then set the small pizza to the side.

  Beanie kid looked at scarf kid.

"Get the candles."

  Scarf kid pulled out pink polka dot candles, probably from the sale in that store down the road.

  Scarf kid looked expectantly at blue hair kid.

"You got the book?" they asked.

  Blue hair kid grinned, then pulled out a leather bound book from their bag. Did I mention they all had bags? They all had bags.

"What are you doing? You're not allowed to bring candles in here."

  The yellow eyed kid stared at me, sending a chill down my spine. Beanie kid frowned at me.

"We're just, um... summoning a demon..." they said.

"No big deal..." blue haired kid scoffed.

"You're not allowed to have candles in here." I repeated. It was way too late for this. Or was it too early for this? I mean, it was like two in the morning..

Eh, nevermind, not important.

  I woke up in the tied up in the janitors closet.

Everyone at work calls it the janitors closet, even though it's just a room full of brooms and paint... I'm getting off topic again.

So I'm tied up in the janitors closet wondering what the heck is going on, when I see a note stuck to the door.

Dear Innocent Employee,