Chapter-10

In the Hospital

Soon they arrived to the hospital and Avni was shifted to the maternity ward.
Nurse hand over the hospital gown to her and tell her to change into that.
She went inside the washroom and with the help of Neil she wore the hospital gown and coming back to the room..she lye down on the bed...waiting for the doctor to arrive.

Neil was with avni inside the room....while nurse told others to wait outside in the waiting room.

Dr Neha (entering the room) : So avni...how is the pain ?

She checked avni's pulse

Avni : It feel like cramps...and a harsh pain in my lower abdomen she answered

Dr neha : Let me check.

She parted avni's legs and checked in between. Avni held neil's hand tightly . He gave her an assuring smile...but deep inside he was also nervous

Dr neha : Avni...you are only 2cm dilated. And it has to be 10 cm to start pushing. she said after her examination. Let me also check the baby's position.

She applied the gel on her stomach and start to move the transducer over her stomach..attached to the ultrasound machine.

Dr neha : Baby is in the right position...and your delivery will be in around... 1 or 2 hours from now.

Neil and avni passed a smile to each other hearing this...and they were relieved that baby is in normal postion...so she does not have to go for csession

Dr neha : Neil , avni you guys wait here. I will come after some times. saying this she left the room

Neil also came out to the waiting room where everyone was waiting for any information

In Waiting room :

Prakash : Neil...kya hua sab thik hai na ?

Ashish : Or avni kaise hai....vo thik hai na ?

Neela : Neil...av..avni ko jyada pain to nhi ho rha....

Shweta : Ha neil...doctor kya keh rhe hai bta na...

Kayra : Baby kab ayega...bolo na bhaiya...

Ali : Ek second...aap log use kuch bolne doge tab bolega na bechara....

Neil : Thanks ali....So.. Avni thik hai....or baby ko aane me abhi waqt hai. Approximately 1 or 2 hour.

Everyone was happy to hear this

Neil : Aap log ghar chle jaie...abhi time hai

Shweta : Nhi beta hum sab yhi rhenge

Neela : Haan...tum humari chinta mat kro neil...Tum avni ke sath rho...use tumhari zarurat hogi.

Neil : hmm..

With that he again came back inside the maternity room...where nurse was attaching the IV to avni.

Neil sat next to her and held her hand...as she was hissing in pain.

She looked at him and passes a smile...but he knew that her smile is full of pain. He was worried for her. He wished to snatch all her pain.