Back In Time [NKOTB]

Part One
Year: 1990

***

The five members of the hottest boyband in the world, the New Kids On The Block, we're inside a large studio located in Long Beach, California. The boys from Boston were filming their first of many television commercials to promote their Magic Summer Tour with the Coca-Cola company. The multi-billion dollar soda industry is sponsoring the group's tour, as it's believed to be highest grossing spectacular of 1990.

The boys had been rehearsing since six in the morning working non-stop to perfect this commercial. Hopefully they'll be able to have it done before the end of the day.

As each member of the band we're on cue and singing live in front of a crowd of fans plucked from the city, the microphones began to cause a electrical current.

"Okay, cut!" The director shouted out, ending recording once the microphones posed a problem. "Boys, go ahead and take a break. Could I get our stage crew to check out those mics?" The piercing sound of the bullhorn echoed inside the studio.

Jordan, Jonathan, Donnie, Danny and Joe hung around the stage with towels and bottles of water to re-energize themselves.

***

As the stage crew were able to tune up the microphones, the New Kids were once again placed in their cues for another and hopefully last take.

"ACTION!" The director yelled out, as filming began.

The fans below the stage were having their own small party. They were cheering for the five guys, who impressed them with their rhythmic dance moves and talented singing voices.

Plus, that Coca-Cola jingle was just too catchy.

"There's magic in the real thing.
The real thing is magic.
A bolt from the blue.
It's part of the good times and all that you do.
So where will you be when the magic strikes you?
There's magic in the real thing.
You'll never know wherever you go, you might find magic in a Coca-Cola Classic.
Can't beat it, can't beat the real thing.
There's magic in the real thing.
Can't beat it,
can't beat the real thing."

Towards the end, the guys made one last pose for the video, but when Jordan reached for his mic, a shockwave send a jolt through each of their bodies knocking them backwards.

Everything became dark.

***

Somewhere in a small alleyway appeared the New Kids, regaining their consciousness from the sudden blackout.

"W-what the hell happened?" Donnie groaned, picking himself off the asphalt and dusting his clothes.

He went to help out the others, who were slowly getting up from the vacant alley.

"God, I feel like I got slammed into a brick wall." Jon moaned, rubbing the back of his neck to relieve some soreness.

"Shit, that really hurts." Jordan let out, straightening out his clothes that were unlike the ones he wore prior.

"Hey, guys?" Joe attempt to get his friends attention, looking around their new, unfamiliar surroundings.

"What is it, Joey?" Donnie spoke out, looking slightly annoyed.

"W-where are we?" Danny questioned, taking notice that none of them were in the studio anymore.

"And, why are dressed like we belong in the movie, Grease?" Jon let out, looking at everyone's new clothes.

Each member wore identical black leather jackets, plain t-shirts, black or blue jeans with the cuffs rolled up, and Chuck Taylors. Even their hair were styled differently to fit the look.

"This is strange?" Jordan spoke, peering out of the alleyway, feeling the bright sun against his skin.

As the others followed, they saw the vehicles on the streets, the shops alongside the roads, and the people walking up and down the sidewalks wore vintage style clothing from the 1950s.

"Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore." Joe lightly joked, trying to comprehend where they were.

"I think we got more than just a shock..." Donnie told them, fishing out a recently discarded newspaper sitting on top of an overflowing trash can.

The date on top right corner read it perfectly clear:

September 6, 1958

Somehow, the New Kids On The Block were sent back in time to the 1950s.

***

To be continued