F I V E

13 year-old louis tomlinson was sitting in his couch,knees tucked up to his chest, chin resting against them.

this was the first time he had been left home alone since...well ever.

he didn't like it. 

he didn't like the sound of the floor boards creaking upstairs in his bedroom when he was the only one in the house.

he didn't like the sound of the booming, mocking laugh that came from his bedroom.

he didn't like that, he didn't like this.

"oh, louis!" the voice mocked in an overly-sweet voice from the top of the stairs.

the boy squeezed his eyes shut tighter, silent tears ran down his face. he whimpered.

"it's not real, it's not real. it's not" he muttered to himself under his breath, almost like a never ending mantra that had gotten stuck in his head.

he tucked himself tighter against the arm of the couch almost as if he thought it would provide a safer place.

"i'm pretty sure i'm real, dear louis."

the amused voice had whispered right in his ear making the boy's eyes snap open in panic.

he jumped up and tried crawling over to the other side of the couch in hopes ofgtting away, just have to get away.

a hand dragged him back making his tears come back harder and stronger. 

"please let me go. please let me go. don't hurt me!" he yelped.

the creature just laughed at him, curls bouncing atop his head.

"i won't hurt you, sweetheart. that's not my job." he suddenly smirked."i'm only supposed to scare you." his voice had lowered into a demonic growl that had louis scrambling and whimpering with tears flowing down his face.

"p-please d-don't h-h-hur-t me." he stammered.

"i won't. mummy's home. bye, louis see you tonight." he chuckled.

louis curled in on himself even more, tears streaming, sobs racking.

"oh and louis?" the creature called making louis' head snap up to see him standing at the top of the stairs. "i don't want to hurt you."

the winged creature was gone in an instant.

and when johanna came back all she heard her son say was:

"it's not real"

and maybe. just maybe she actually got scared.