1

This might be one of the most random fanfictions I've ever written.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Staring at the sun is something people rarely do. It's dangerous, any fool knows it could cause blindness. We can't get close to the sun either. Any fool knows the sun is too hot and it would burn you. 

Would you believe me if I told you I'd met the sun and had the chance to watch it from up close?

To begin this story, we're going back to the day a boy named Yoongi stumbled upon something he was not supposed to see...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A young boy ran through the busy market street, hoping to find the one stand he had been dying to get to since this morning. He disliked running – his brother told him he looked weird when he was running and it made him feel tired too – but there were just some things that were worth running for.

And that was Yoongi's favourite food stand.

"Hyung, you're here again?"

Yoongi looked up to find a familiar boy standing behind his father, who owned the stand. Even on such a gloomy day as this one, the familiar boy had a bright smile on his face. Yoongi showed him a gummy smile and nodded enthusiastically, opening his hand and showing the shiny coin in his palm. 

"Woah! Where did you get a coin like that?!" the boy exclaimed, pushing past his father who was busy speaking to another customer. He didn't even notice the boy and just kept talking.

Yoongi moved even closer to the stand and motioned for the boy to lean towards him. He whispered, not because he was telling a secret, but because it made him feel cooler.

"I found a whole bunch of them in an alley near the castle's garden."

The boy gasped in surprise and his eyes darted in every direction as he took a step back.
"We're not allowed to go near the castle, Yoongi-hyung. You know that! The guards...if they see us..."

Yoongi waved it off and pulled a look that said 'oh shut it'.
"Don't be such a wimp, Jungkook-ah. They didn't see me and now I've got enough money for two lamb skewers!"

"Well, with that coin you can buy much more lamb skewers, Yoongi." Jungkook's father said, eyeing the coin Yoongi was holding.

Yoongi tilted his head questioningly. He was only ten years old and he wasn't very familiar with the value of the different coins his parents and the other grown-ups used. All he knew was that a shiny coin like this one could buy him at least two lamb skewers. 

"How many can I buy, Mister Jeon?" Yoongi asked curiously (and hungrily).

"Yeah, how many can he buy, Dad?" Jungkook – who was only six years old – practically shouted in his dad's ear.

"He could buy even more than twenty." Jungkook's father said, ruffling Jungkook's hair. Jungkook giggled and clapped his hands happily, having no idea how much twenty lamb skewers were. To him, it sounded like Yoongi had won the lottery.

"Yay, hyung!!" he shouted and laughed.

Yoongi was staring at Mister Jeon with wide-open eyes. He knew how many twenty was, it was twice the amount of fingers he had and that meant a lot of food.

"W-Woah." He stuttered, staring at the coin in his palm. He had more than a dozen of these coins lying at home under his bed. He could buy lamb skewers for weeks!

"I'll take two though," he said, knowing that right now two was more than enough for him. His parents weren't home, otherwise he would've bought them some too, but he knew they'd only get back after dinner...which was in more than five hours.