Whisper In Their Ears

At first its was just little things. Annoyance at their powers and grace, but slowly and gradually the council of gods started to despise The 9 and the power they wielded. The hate grew to the point where the gods were constantly sending the demigods on life threatening queues because they couldn't just kill the half-bloods that others looked up. Then one day, Zeus had a glorious idea, a plan to get rid of The 9 once and for all.

Percy's P.O.V.

Something was really wrong with the gods, well, more that usual. They've been sending us on impossible missions that we barely survive and as soon as we get back we are immediately sent on another one, harder than the last. For example, the one I just came back from with Annabeth, traveling back to Tartarus to steal Lady Nyx's favourite pin from her castle. The gods should know that place brought bad memories, we barely survived last time and now we had to steal something from one of the most dangerous Primordial god's castle?! Like I said, something was wrong with the gods.

*Timeskip*

"Pewrsie!"A shrill squeak came to my ears before I was tackled to the ground by a bunch of toddlers.

"We missed you!"

"Did you get anything for us?"

"Where's annabeth?"

"Did you get hurt?!"

"Ay yo! Give Prissy some space would ya?!" A familiars voice yelled. The kids reluctantly got off me and I stood up.

"Well if it isn't Clarry!" Clarisse scowled at my nick name for her.

"You're gonna get hurt one day for that." She growled. I chuckled.

"I'd like to see you try." She glared at me and I glared back. Then we burst our laughing and fist bumped.

"Welcome back my dude!" She said. Shocked? Well, after I saved her from a sticky situation, she warmed up to me and we became friends.

"Its good to be back."