Chapter 17

When I woke up I was naked. That meant I'd shifted and ruined my favourite bikini because of him! Screw my bikini! He'd fucking marked me without consent! That sick little bastard! How could he do that to me?!

"How are you feeling?" River's low voice came from beside me, making me jump.

"Fuck you!" I spat venomously. "Don't fucking talk to me!"

"Aurora..." The tone he was using told me it was a warning.

A warning to respect him and let him tell me what do. It was a warning to stand down. Standing down was something I'd never do willingly.

"You marked me without consent, River! In front of all those people!" I was yelling now, tears somehow spilling down my face. "How fucking dare you?! I wasn't even sure we were mates! My wolf had to take over! What even was that?! WHAT?!"

He'd more than humiliated me. He'd claimed me and done so in a public manner. That was barbaric. Public claiming had been used for years and years- almost centuries ago- to punish defiant female wolves, but now it was considered taboo and almost unheard of- it was like premarital sex would be for mormons in the werewolf world!

"You left me no choice." He said calmly, fixing the blankets so they were covering me properly again. "I tried to teach you a lesson before hand, but you don't seem to learn well."

Fuck that! He didn't answer my question. I know damn well why he did it! What I didn't know was how my wolf came back so quickly and why I'd passed out. I didn't know a lot about anything to do with mates at this point and I was more than freaked out to say the least.

"Where are my clothes?!" I demanded.

"The tiny bit swimsuit you had on ripped when you shifted." He was remaining too calm for me. All I wanted was for him to start getting mad. "Why are you asking questions you know the answers to?"

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?!" I growled.

Who fucking cared how small my swimsuit was?! I wasn't the one who'd fucked their way through the high school freshman class when I was a senior. Was he implying I was skanky with his little comments?!

"It means I think you shouldn't wear skimpy bikinis." He deadpanned.

"Well fuck what you think, River!" I pulled the blankets around myself and watched as he stood up from the edge of the bed. "What fucking happened? Why did I pass out like that?!"

I really just wanted to cry and scream and claw his eyes out, but I knew better than to embarrass myself once again in front of him. I was pissed he was my fucking mate. I was pissed he fucking spanked me and I was even more pissed about the fact that he'd marked me without consent. I was scared because if he'd mark me, what else would he do? What did he do?!

"I forced your wolf to reconnect with you, which was too much for you to handle at the time because your coming of age was so recent." He told me. "You're overwhelmed."

"No, I'm not!" I snapped at him as I bit back tears for some reason, wrapping the blankets around myself even more and standing up.

This wasn't even my room. Where the hell was I? Where'd he take me? Did my dad know where I was? How come I couldn't link him?!

"What's going on?!" I turned to him. "Why can't I link my dad?! What happened to him?!"

"Nothing. He's fine. I marked you. You link with me now." He explained.

I stared at him blankly for a moment. My dad wasn't my alpha anymore. I was truly stuck with this asshat of a mate to listen to. He was legally allowed to order me to do his bidding. I hate this!