THREE

We sat a in that diner for a little longer. The rain started to die down so I figured it was a good opportunity to find somewhere to stay for the night. I didn't exactly have a home, nor would I ever dare crawl back to my folks place.

Though, part of me didn't want to leave Colin. Hell- he's been the only half decent person to even speak to me in weeks. The last one was a woman who accidentally dropped her purse, then thanked me for not mugging her. I mean, that counts right?

"So you're staying temporarily?" I asked. "Yeah, Ive got a room booked indefinitely on the outer part of the city" Colin stated. Id gathered by now that the way he spoke was abrupt - but not necessarily rude. "I'd better be heading back before it gets too dark. I could probably start walking if I really wanted but I just have this feeling about the city. I don't trust it. Hell-" he smirked, "your whole country here gives me an eerie feeling. So I'll just take the train again, are you nearby? If not you're more than welcome to tag along"

COLIN POV.

I've been making small talk with this girl for over an hour now. She'd be no more than 20 but something about her seems to worldly- like she's an old soul. I don't know what it is, she's the first person I've bothered talking to since being here. Sure, I could have emptied mine and Kitty's split bank account and blown it all but that would don't nothing more than have worry her. I left all my narcotics back in Britain, I just need a break from the stress. Maybe feel what it's like to...not feel so much. Ignorance is bliss.

I usually choose my words very carefully, around new people anyway. But I think I just offered for her to come back with me to my motel? Oh, shit. She will think I'm some weird foreigner here to murder her, for sure.

"I'm sorry" I looked at her, she ran a hand through her dull brown hair. She was nothing special. Grown out side cuts and pale green eyes. But there was more, I could tell. "That must be the absolutely weirdest offer you've had. I mean you just met me and -"

Valery cut me off "I umm, don't exactly have anywhere to go. I would love to, just for tonight if that's fine?"

My face lit up before I could even stop myself. (Rare occurrence) "that's fine"

I paid for the two coffees we ordered and left a tip, I don't exactly know what you're supposed to leave but I figured anything was better than nothing. We walked back towards the subway, I watched Valery as she was a step or two ahead. I'm usually very skeptical of people, back in England I wasn't HUGE but those who played games knew who I was. I'd been told a few sob stories in the past. Kitty nearly left me over a stalker we had one time....gosh I missed her..and Pearl..

NORMAL POV.

Colin was a gentleman. He told me of tuckersoft and the games he basically created. I didn't have the money or stability to buy any sort of computer but I had stood in the shops during Christmas time and seen the excitement they brought.

He paid for our drinks and even my subway fare. I hope he didn't think I was taking advantage of him.

"So it's the next stop, yeah" he snapped me out of my daze - just as the train started to slow.

We both hopped off to a smaller, less busy platform. The outside parts of Washington were always quiet compared to the city.

Colin made a gesture to follow him, which I did. We walked maybe half a mile before we came to a small - generic motel. Ground floor, an almost oversized "welcome" sign that sat left to the parking lot and an off green pool, free for guests to use - at their own risk.

- OKAY GUYS THATS CHAPTER 3 SORRY ILL UPDATE MORE AND SPEED IT UP A BIT MORE WHEN IM BACK HOME, IT WAS MY ONE OF MY DAUGHTERS BIRTHDAY SO IVE BEEN ALL OVER THE PLACE. IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS FEEL FREE TO ADD AS IM NOT 100% ON WHAT DIRECTION THIS IS GOING TO END UP YET. THANK YOU FOR THE INSTA SHOUT OUT AND THE READS GUYS IF YOU WANTED TO FOLLOW ME ID FEEL HELLA VALIDATED X