Chapter 1

Photo of Ookami (main character) but change her hair to silver and eyes to a pale green. >>>>

I started a new story because I wasn't happy with my old one sorry if you liked the other story but I read over it and there were many faults. I hope you like this story better than the last J

I shivered violently under the potato sack bag I had been given from a farmer to use as a blanket. I poked my head up and looked over to my brother; his lips were blue and his face pale. I stood up slowly and walked over to him making sure none of the floorboards creaked because I didn't want to wake him up. I got under his potato sack blanket and put mine on top of both of us. Looking around the room I noticed that we had gotten a new hole in the roof. I sighed 'No wonder it's so cold, we may as well not have a roof with the amount of holes in it'. I rolled over and my brother cuddled up to me trying to get warmer. 'I need to get Faolan into a better home, he deserves better than this.' I looked down at him and rapped my arms around him falling asleep as soon as my eyes closed.

I woke up to banging at the door, looking down at my brothers sleeping form I got up as slowly as I could and walked towards the door, fixing my mask that came up to my nose and went to the base of my neck. Opening it I saw men dressed in plates of armour. 'What are the guards doing here?'

"Yes?" I asked, sizing them up in case of a fight.

"Chief needs to see you...now." The lead guard spoke in an impossibly deep voice.

"Yes sir." I tried imitating him but failed. He scowled at me and I just smirked back up at him. He puffed out his chest and was about to yell something when my brother came in the room.

"Ookami-chan, what's going on?" he rubs his left eye tiredly and yawns. I walked over to him, picked him up and held him on my hip with my arms wrapped tightly around him.

"I need to go see the old man, you wanna come?" I brushed a stray piece of silver hair from his face. Faolan nodded his head vigorously, jumped out of my arms and ran to his room to get changed. I smirked and turned back to the guards who looked shocked at the gentleness I showed towards my brother. I looked down at myself and realised I was still in my pyjamas.

"I'll be back I'm going to get changed." I turned around and walked to my bedroom. Coming back in my usual clothes.

"Alright boys stop staring at my chest and lead the way!" Yelling at them and strutting towards the the 'men' staring at me. "Paedophiles." I mumbled under my breath, walking out the door with my brother holding my hand and the guards behind me trying to regain their composure.

"You know," one of the guards who had long pale blue hair started, "I could have helped you get dressed." I turned around glaring at him, he just smirked arrogantly back. He couldn't be much older than me, 2 years maybe.

"2 things 1: I don't go out with guys whose hair is longer than mine," He stopped smirking and blushed trying to look away, "and 2: you're not my type, but thanks anyways." With that I turned back around, took my smokes out of my weapons pouch and lit it up. Yeah I smoke don't judge I need something to relieve the stress. By the way I'm a ninja. My village is not one of the hidden villages but is just as strong as any of the great hidden villages, although I haven't lived here all my life only since I was 9, I'm 12 now so that's 3 years. Before I came to the Yuki village. I was a rouge ninja for a while I trained a lot of the time with my best friend who I later came to view as a replacement father and another brother. My real father ran out on me, my brother and my mother when I was 3 and our mother tried protecting us from a group of ninja called the Akatsuki . I've been looking after my brother since I was 4 and met up with my 'father and brother' when I was 5.