Chpt 2: choose wisely

Emma POV:
The doors swung open when I entered it. There were chatters, laughter... happiness filled the room. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw claire. I finally smiled and all of the butterflies disappeared out of my stomach. When I was walking over, claire and her friends all turned around. They all smiled except one... her name was Sierra. Claire had told me many things about this girl. I could tell that it was Sierra because of her attitude. But what Claire never told me was that Sierra was such a bratty mean girl but looked as if she was really nice and gorgeous. Sierra commented on my outfit quickly, "did you find that at a second hand store?" I stammered no nervously. Claire bumped Sierra with her shoulder mouthing stop. Claire introduced to me all the girls. The girl with the curly brunette hair looked mean girl but she was amazingly nice. Her name was Tiffany. I thought to myself, is everything opposite at this school. I don't want to name any stereotypes though. Next was this girl with black hair and green eyes. She looked like an angel I thought to myself. She greeted me with, hello!! Claire has told me many wonderful things about you :) ! And last was Sierra who glared at me and then rolled her eyes and said, I'm Sierra, who are you? I slowly replied, "erm my name is Emma". Claire asked me later once we left the group why I was acting this shy because I am never like this. I told her Sierra was giving me scary looks and I didn't feel comfortable. Claire told me that was weird because Sierra is usually the nicest to welcomers and maybe she was in a bad mood but things would change. Out of the corner of my eye... I saw a guy that I felt I knew, but at the same time didn't. He made me burst with love and he was so cute. I went closer and he gave me an confused look. I then remembered his face before, I remember it from...

Summer camp! Now I remember! He was the boy that everyone said was the most energetic and fun but honestly I just think he is amazing at everything. I shot him a glance and then said more confidently, "I'm Emma! New here! What about you?" He said more confidently, I'm jake. Nice meeting you. I immediately felt so happy and I didn't even know why. But that was when -bring- the bell rang. I asked what class he is in for period 1 and jake said pretty sure I'm in math like everyone else but I'm in Mr. Leslie's class for math. I was so overjoyed that I could scream. Me and Jake were in the same class. We walked together to math.

😘
Mr. Leslie: alrighty kids. Today is a new class and a new year. If you mess me up... Try me.
Jake: I can already tell this will be an interesting year.
Emma: same
Emma's POV: he looks so happy that it warms my heart. My smile turns brighter and...
Mr. Leslie: Emma. Are you focusing?
Emma: yeah of course.
Mr. Leslie: -mutters- I hate daydreamers
Emma: I'm not a rat. I focus in class .
Jake: Emma, stop daydreaming and focus. We're taking notes and you literally haven't taken any. Get your mind together Fern.
Emma: -thinks- I hate it when people call me by my last name ugh