loss.

It was a long week, and the Army was finally ready to face their enemy. Red Leader walked past every soldier, as he spoke about what they were going to face. The soldiers all stood in line, including NIKS, as they listened to Tord's words.

"Once we go out there, there's no turning back. We have trained vigorously this past month, and I am confident in our abilities to win this war, and secure another victory. But, before we go, I want to remind you all of something." Everyone listened close as Tord stopped walking and faced everyone. "You all joined this Army for different reasons. Some of you may have been drafted. Some might have wanted to be stronger. No matter the reason, we all have the same goal. To win. And that isn't possible without us all working as a team. You may be separated by race, gender, or even the field you fight in. Just know that all of you have grown strong in your own way, and if you were to die, you would be celebrated in honor."

"But that isn't going to happen. No one will die, other than some Yellow soldiers. We will go to this war, and we will be triumphant. Because we are the Red Army!" Tord raised a fist as soldiers cheered, sure that his words were going to be reality. NIKS stood, observing all of the enthusiasm and passion everyone had. Even Tord had a proud look, with a strong showing of pride. "Now, we will go into our tanks, helicopters, and other transportation methods to this war. Get in your positions!" The soldiers responded "Sir, yes Sir!" and began going to their respective groups.///

///Lindsay returned after a long while, finding Tom drinking from his flask, an empty bottle on the floor. "Where's Matt?" Lin asked. "Huh?" Tom responded, "oh yeah...Matt... he's in his room... I think.. hahah..." His words were slurred, he was clearly drunk. "Wait, where's Mini?" "Who?" Lin asked, setting some bags on a table. Tom raised a finger, about to say something, then he paused. "...What were we talking about again?" "I have no idea." 

"What'cha got there?" Tom asked, as Lin shuffled through the bags. I went for some groceries, more Cola and Smirnoff, you know." "Oh, okay" Tom replied, taking another sip from the flask. He wiped his chin, getting rid of any excess liquids. Matt finally came out of his room, and went down the stairs to the living room. Lin turned and greeted him, "Hey, Matt. Are you okay?" "Yeah" Matt said, sniffling a bit. "I just... had to let some feelings out." He proceeded to sit on the couch next to Tom, glaring at him slightly.

"Still think I'm stupid?" Matt growled under his breath. "Huh?" "It's nothing, Tom." "Okay..." Tom stood up, flask in hand, and went down the hallway. "I need to... take a piss..." He sluggishly went down the hall as Matt responded, "Nobody needed to know that!" Lin laughed a bit as she pulled out a small bag and passed it to Matt. "Cookie?" "Sure, thanks." Matt opened the bag and took out a cookie, chocolate chip, and took a bite. His mood could be better, but at least he was okay for now. Lin turned on the television, and it went to the News, where there was reports of a large crowd of people in uniforms, marching towards a large forest area holding big yellow flags. "Huh, wonder what that's all about. Oh well..."

———————————————————————————————————

Edd was laying on his bed, making light sketches with his pencil. He still wiped some tears that fell, wishing to go back in time. He eventually put his sketchbook down and picked up a photo next to his bedside. It had all of his friends on it, and he began tearing up more when he saw Lilly. He clutched the wooden frame of the photograph and held it to his chest. He started sobbing, unable to control the sadness.

_____________________________________________

(YAY I'M DONE! I didn't really know what to do for the Army, so I decided to focus more on the others! They need more attention, tbh. I also had to reread the entire book to remember what happened, lol. But here's the next chapter, and I'm happy with how it came out! I hope you like it, too!)