Aporia

The feeling you get in almost any situation where you are at a loss, unable to work through a problem, cross a place, or reach a person.

Slouched over on the passenger seat, leaning my head back on the headrest, I keep dozing off every now and then due to the lack of sleep last night, while the summer breeze fills the car.

Jase didn't help by waking me up at five in the morning because he had to leave before my family woke up. I couldn't go back to sleep after that.

My parents had an early flight and my brother and I had to pack everything we were gonna need down at the lake.

It's almost midday and we're now on our way back from the airport, after dropping off our parents. They were both scheduled to leave on the same day.

We're heading straight to the lake for another one of our summer adventures with our friends.

I can't wait to get into the water and cool this heat off, along with the worries that uninvitedly strode into my life.

We are very lucky to have a town's minister who actually cares for it's well being.

Our lake is issued with a check up and clean up every end of season to keep it safe for residents to be able to enjoy the cool water and swim in.

It's like a mini beach, perfect for our small town.

After parking and grabbing our stuff, I notice Liam pull up next to us and we go over to him.

He and Chris exchange their bro handshake and I'm engulfed in a bear hug.

Then my bag is snatched away from me by Liam. He nudges me to follow behind Chris who's leading the way and he follows behind me, carrying both my bag and the cooler he brought along.

We take the two minute walk down the path that leads into the opening of the front of the lake.

Setting up our umbrellas and towels on the grainy sand, just as the rest of the crew arrives and we put up more umbrellas so that everyone gets some shade under this hot summer sun.

"Was that party wild or what?" Sam exhales as if she's been holding the words in since the night of the party itself.

"I had to recover from the hangover for the whole day yesterday." Alex pulls out sun screen from her bag and hands it to Sam, to help her apply it on areas she can't reach.

"And who did you disappear off with? Was he hot?" Lyla wiggles her brows at me. "Finally had enough of that..."

"Enough about that party, I'm over it already." I cut her off, sighing exasperatedly, knowing exactly where the topic is headed and the oncoming comments about Jase from Lyla.

The boys are already in the water and I'm glad they're not a part of this conversation 'cause I'd never hear the end of it.

"I'm gonna head in." I take off my straw hat, shades, sun dress that was covering my one piece, yellow backless bathing suit and lose my flip flops. "You girls coming?"