Practice

"I thought I was good. Guess I'm not even better than okay," Elena sighed, defeated. She had just signed up for the tournament and was now back at the castle with Gabe, having just seen how much skill he actually had and coming down heavily defeated in the end.

"Listen, Lena, you are so much better than okay, you just need a little more practice, that's all," Gabe comforted, pulling her into a hug. Elena immediately wrapped her arms around him, the feeling of warmth and comfort having returned to her again.

"Be my coach?" Elena asked, looking up and into Gabe's eyes.

"You'd have to train how the Guard trained me and, trust me, you wouldn't like it," Gabe stated. She definitely wouldn't like what she'd have in store for her. Elena wasn't one to rise early, nor was she one to practice the same thing over and over again for long periods of time.

"Gabriel, I promise I will do anything," Elena said desperately. She was determined to do this.

"Alright. We start tomorrow at five," Gabe grinned, the two breaking from their embrace, "Anyway, I have to get back on duty now."

"Wait, five? Can we please make it, like, seven or something? You know I'm not really a morning person," Elena asked quickly.

"Elena," Gabe reminded.
"Right, yes, I promised to do anything."