Chapter 4

They walked to Nico's cabin to change out of their armor. His cabin was farther than Will's but at least it would be empty.
Nico let go of Will's wrist to open the door. As soon as they got inside Will took off his helmet and swooshed his sweaty hair from side to side. Nico awkwardly stood watching him, not wanting to change in front of him and contemplating whether or not going to the bathroom.

In the meantime, Will was already bare-chested and beginning to take off the Armour on his legs with an extreme air of nonchalance. Nico didn't say anything but Will noticed that he was not changing. "Oh, uhm, you're used to being alone" he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly "Uhm, I'll go to the bathroom."

He picked up his clothes and scurried to the bathroom, his cheeks reddening. Nico sighed, and started to change as quickly as possible to avoid Will accidentally walking in on him. He quickly laid himself on the couch trying to look casual, apprehensive for what would happen next. They were alone in his cabin again. They were breaking camp rules again.

Will came in wearing an orange camp half-blood shirt and denim shorts. He sat next to Nico, who felt kind of tense with all the physical contact, but did not object. When he looked at Will he noticed the scratches on his face and traced them with his thumb.

"I'm fine," said Will "They're just harmless scratches." Nico knew that in a couple of days they would be gone and that demigods had to endure far worse, so he put his hand down and looked down at his lap.

"Percy's a jerk." Nico scoffed.
"He's the hero of Olympus" said Will.
"He's a hot jock that saves people and has the whole world fall to his feet out of pure luck and other people's help."
"Which only makes him hotter" added Will with a sigh.
"I know, how is that even fair?" said Nico, waving his hands in annoyance. 

Will laughed and casually threw his arm behind Nico, without touching him. Nico turned to look at Will "Solace, what do you have to complain about? Blonde hair, blue eyes, muscles,"

Nico knew he was being borderline flirty, but Jason had told him to take chances, and this was him taking chances.
"What are you saying?" said Will, leaning in closer to Nico. Nico rolled his eyes but smiled.
"For being the son of the sun God you're not very bright."
"Oh don't you start with the puns, you just called out Percy for it."
"Solace," said Nico, getting so close to Will their noses almost touched.
"Nico," said Will, imitating him.

They were both staring into each other's eyes: Nico exploring the ocean, Will traveling into the darkness. Their noses were about to touch when someone knocked on the door.

"Fuck!" said Nico, pulling away from Will, who quickly ran and hid behind the corner. Nico thought about strangling whoever stood behind that door, and when he opened it he almost did.

"Go away," said Nico taking in deep breaths to contain himself. 

"Really?" said Percy, "I think you owe me an apology and an explanation." Percy entered the cabin and flopped on the couch and raised his eyebrows at Nico. 

"I'm sorry for hitting you with a baseball bat, I was frustrated but now I'm fine." said Nico trying to get this over with so that Percy would leave before he mentioned anything about Will who could hear everything from behind the corner.

"Are you sure you're fine?" said Percy. 

"Yes." Nico pointed to the door "Can you leave now?"
Percy got up from the couch and took a couple of steps towards Nico. "Hey, I swear I won't tell anyone, I may be that last person you want to talk to, if you even want to talk to somebody, but I'm here for you. If you ever want to confront Solace-"
"You need to leave!" said Nico going to push Percy out the door, which didn't work because he did not have the strength.
"I'm serious Nico, if Solace is as important as-"
"Please, please, PLEASE!" Nico begged the son of Poseidon. He was pathetic and he knew it but he needed Percy to leave so badly.

Percy was startled and left, not wanting to cause any more damage, and feeling kind of guilty. Nico shut the door behind him, and sat down leaning against it. He didin't hear a sound from Will.

A few moments later the horn blew for lunch. "We should probably go," called Nico to where Will was hiding. When no reply came Nico opened the door and slammed it shut behind him.

"Fuck. My. Life." he said leaning against the door, his eyes filling with tears.