Chapter 1

The alarm goes off. "..Mhgr..." It gets louder and louder. I turn around with the speed of light to turn the alarm off fearful to wake up my family members. They don't understand why I wake up two hours earlier than I should or could. For those wondering I live in the Netherlands and schools start around 8.30 AM, so I used to wake up at seven. Somewhere I read about a woman who has found success because of her revolutionair discovery. Although I do not remember clearly, she claimed that a 5-second rule will change your life. That morning I tried it and, never, again. The idea of counting down from five to one rushes me, and that's exactly the feeling I tried to escape waking up 5 AM. I'm afraid i have to turn down this offer.

Somewhere else I read an article on why the Japanese are so successful at what they do. I do read a lot on how to be succesful and be the one who you dreamed of, talking about the many sportcars and big mansions. Apparently the Japanese do two things which make them earn a lot money, according to the writer of the article, he didn't include their hardwork and long office hours. The first thing is contemplating between choices of two at the moment. In my case, do I wake up at 5 AM or do I proceed sleeping. This method helped me do a lot of things, for example: drinking water or drinking orange juice. By standing still by the options you have, you realise the results of an action.

The second thing I read didn't help me as much as this is more something you'd have to do daily and actually schedule. 'Kaizen' also known as the 'one-minute-principle' is to overcome laziness. I have to admit that I'm not necessarily a lazy person but I do like a minute of something else to my day as I usually schedule my day in the Pomodoro-technique, but that's for another chapter. The idea is that a person should practice doing something for a single minute, every day at the same time. Scheduling.

It was still 2018 when I last tried the latter, mostly because I think one minute is too little for anything I I would've anticipated doing so. For instance reading, I highly appreciate the art of reading and think that reading a page a day won't contribute anything to the story you understood. When reading a book one should be comfortable and concentrated with no time limit, usually my time limit is when I can no longer keep my eyes open, works every time. Another possibility to fill that one minute is a minute of nothing. Just nothing, closing your eyes while taking a deep breath "Inhale... and exhale." It's a no from me. Might be important but not to me, these minutes which contribute to 365 minutes a year being roughly six hours could be used for much more crucial things, especially when 24 hours a day isn't enough for you. Due to the fact that I do yoga I do not live a hectic life for those wondering. This is why waking up early is more promising than expected. I recommend it.