Chapter 7

This cycle kept going on for years and years. The cycle would only be interrupted by a new age. We now really begin our story here with Amelia, age 15 and questioning everything.
Jon's House
Amelia slumped down the steps that morning. Her hair a mess from her tossing and turning last night. Today was the start of her second year of high school. She didn't want summer to end because she loved to hang out with the guys. She loved going to the studio and working on stuff. It was weird though since Alec got kicked out all those years ago. She now had an uncle Hugh instead of an uncle Al. Amelia poured herself a cup of coffee as Jon came downstairs.
"Good morning, sophomore."
"Don't remind me." She said as she poured in creamer and sugar. Jon went over and stood next to her.
"Why are you so grumpy?"
"I don't wanna start school. That's what's wrong."
"Well I didn't want to either but here we are."
"You graduated and whored yourself out in the music business?" She took a sip of her coffee as Jon stood there with a surprised face.
"Excuse me?"
"You heard me."
"That's like the brattiest thing I ever heard! What crawled up your ass?"
"Not the delusion bug." Amelia chugged the rest of her coffee and ran upstairs. She took her time with getting dressed, doing her hair, and then her makeup. She ran downstairs and put on her shoes. As soon as she got her backpack, Jon ran over and kissed her head.
"Have an amazing first day at school."
"Thanks Jon." She then ran out of the house to go to the bus stop. Jon watched as she met up with her friends. He thought about what she said for a second but then blew it off because she was just still a teenager and he knew not to always take them seriously.