one

2:34 AM

Ding ding.

The sensor beeped indicating someone walked into the liquor store. I saw a blur of black pass by in the corner of my eye. I looked up lazily thinking it was just one of the local crackheads trying to steal Cheetos again.

"God damn it, Chenle. How many times do I have to tell you to stop stealing my fucking chi-," I paused as soon as I saw that it was not Chenle. It was a shady ass guy in a black hoodie breathing hard like he just ran a marathon.

"I don't know who the fuck Chenle is but I need you to help me hide, the cops are coming for me," the man said nonchalantly. I was shocked to say the least and didn't know how to respond to the strange request.

"What the fu- ok first of all WHO THE HELL ARE YOU and WHY DO YOU NEED TO HIDE? I'm so confused lord help me plea-,"

"Good lord, you're fucking useless. I'll hide myself," he grumbled. He walked around the cash register to where I was standing looking for a place to hide.

"GET AWAY!" I screamed as I threw a bunch of lighters at him.

"What is your problem?" he hissed throwing up his hands to protect himself. That's when we heard sirens. "Fuck fuck fuck," he muttered as he scanned the store.

"Back here," I said shakily. I started walking towards the back room. "There's a butt load of boxes you can hide behind."

"Finally! I thought you were just gonna stand there and throw lighters at me," he said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and unlocked the door with shaky hands. He stepped inside.

"Ugh, there's so much dust in here," he exclaimed. "Y'all live like this?"

I ignored him and said, "I'll be back when the coast is clear."

"Whatever," he mumbled back. I locked the door and stepped back to the cash register.

"What the actual fuck," I said out loud. I sighed and buried my head in my hands.

What am I doing? I'm just trying to pay for college by working at this shitty store and I can't even do that in peace?

Right at that moment, the door swung open and in came a group of cops. One stepped towards me while the rest split up to search the store.

"Hello, Miss. My name is Officer Jeon. Have you seen this man?" Officer Jeon then took out a piece of paper from his pocket.

WANTED
LEE TAEYONG, NCT GANG MEMBER
WANTED FOR THEFT, DRUGS, AND WEAPON TRAFFICKING
ARMED AND DANGEROUS

WANTED LEE TAEYONG, NCT GANG MEMBERWANTED FOR THEFT, DRUGS, AND WEAPON TRAFFICKING ARMED AND DANGEROUS

REWARD: $5000

Taeyong, huh. I thought. Looks like you've done this before.

"So, have you seen this man?" Officer Jeon asked.

"No," I said shaking my head. "I haven't seen him."

"He's not here," another cop said. "Let's go."

"Thank you for your time, Miss," Officer Jeon said. He and his team walked out right after and drove off. I collapsed after they drove off.

I'm harboring a fucking fugitive.

I sat on the ground still shocked for what seemed like forever and almost forgot Taeyong was still locked inside the back room.

BOOM BOOM BOOM

"Open the fuck up its been 20 minutes," Taeyong's muffled voice said.

What the fuck did I get myself into?