16 ~ Girls Night

5th October 2018

~Dianne~
Me, Izzy and Amy arrived at the hotel near Elstree a little after five o'clock, early, just in case anyone could catch a glimpse of Izzy before tomorrow. I wanted it to be a surprise, so we came straight after school. Since mine and Joe's camera blocking was so early today, I could pick her up at the normal normal time, which was great, her face was precious. However, I did look like a bit of a tangerine showing up just after my spray tan, which got some glares from the other mums! I found it funny at this point, it doesn't matter what they think.

We entered the lobby and got our room key from the front desk, me and Amy sharing a room as always. Everyone shares with someone, just to save money on hotel bills, so me and Amy always buddy up. Plus, if I ever bring Izzy with me, I don't have to hide her much or explain the situation to someone new. Stacey was already in the lobby waiting for us, knowing about Izzy coming.
"Guyyyyyysssss!!!!" She called, half running, half dragging herself over to us, she must be tired from dancing the Jive this week with Kev.
"Hey Stace!" Me and Amy reply, still taking to the receptionist.
"Aunty Stacey!!!!" Izzy yells adorably, running over into her arms, Stacey lifting her up and spinning around.
"Hi munchkin! You excited to meet everyone tomorrow?!"
"Yes I am, mummy got me a special High school musical dress too!"
"Aww I can't wait to see it!"
Izzy and Stacey chattered away for a while as me and Amy sorted everything out with the rooms. Their relationship was so cute! Izzy thought of Stacey as an aunty already, just like all the pros were her aunties and uncles. I just hope everyone else will be the same.

"Anyway! We should probably get upstairs before everyone else gets here!" I say after a quick conversation with the girls, "why don't we have a movie night after you guys get back from the dinner tonight! Maybe around eight?"
"Defo, I'll be there!" Stacey replied. I could see Janette and Aljaž coming up to the building through the glass windows and pointed to them so Stacey knew she wouldn't be alone, Janette waving through the window sweetly to Izzy who was not in my arms, her head on my shoulder.

Me and Amy headed up the lift to the third floor, going along the corridor to room 3D, which took quite a while. I had a five year old attached to me and Amy struggled with the bags, we were a hopeless trio!

After unpacking a little bit, Amy went into the bathroom to get changed for dinner. I wasn't going today, usually all of the cast have a meal on the Friday night at the hotel, but I wanted to keep Izzy a secret until tomorrow, so told Amy to tell everyone I was ill. It wasn't the best excuse but it would be fine for tonight. I texted Joe earlier with the same excuse, faking a cough on the phone to add to the effect. Of course, he knew Izzy was coming, but he wasn't a good liar, hopeless actually, and so I left it with the girls. The pros would catch on to be secret and if they were stupid enough not to (AJ probably!) then they'd just think I was ill like everyone else.

When Amy went to dinner, me and Izzy were already half way through our first film, Aladdin! I was trying to get her in the mood for tomorrow's dances so we had planned to watch Minions, The Greatest Showman, and High School Musical after this. It was gonna be a long night, but fun.

A big further through the film, Izzy seemed happy enough with her popcorn and room service pizza so I headed into the bathroom to get changed for the girls night. I took my makeup off and washed my face, throwing my hair into a messy bun with one of Izzy's red bobbles; something that had come in very handy over the last couple of years of having red hair! I changed into some khaki joggers paired with Joe's oversized Nirvana shirt that he had lent me the night of his birthday. I never seemed to have given it back. It didn't mean much then, but now I barely slept without it. It reminded me of him.

Me and Izzy giggled away as Aladdin went on, cuddling up under the extra blankets we had found in the cupboard. It was nice to spend time just the two of us, I felt like it never really happened much anymore.