Meet cute

The spider bite on my hand healed about a year ago, but due to me picking at the scab when it was healing there is a faint scar on my hand. It's become sort of a reminder of who I am now. Not just the web slinging and fighting crime, but the friends Ive gained and lost because of it.

I stare at the bite while my alarm screams, 10 am anatomy with a teacher who I can never remember his name. The clock says 9:24 and I force myself out of bed and into the shower.

After I properly turn my bathroom into a sauna I get dressed, t shirt and a jacket. Gloves get shoved into pockets and hoodie/mask goes into my backpack. Web shooters hide on my wrist under the cuffs of my jacket and I start my walk to class.

I check my phone as I walk, hoping for some dire emergency to take me away from class, instead I get a text from my friend and roommate. It's a picture of his latest culinary masterpiece in school, with the caption "do you think he'll like it?"

E: are you actually going to give it to him this time or just leave it on the door step with a note again?

C: ;)

E: coward

My phone is shoved back in my pocket as I near my building, and hear a loud crash coming from one of the chemistry rooms. Then I see smoke.

I duck behind something large enough and quickly change before jumping back out and going as fast as I can to the room. A small crowd has already gathered to watch the flames in stunned horror. I scream for them to call the police and I dive into the room, grabbing who I can see and taking them out before going back in.

By the time everyone was out the fire department was there. The fire was out quickly and I was about to leave before people talk to me like usual but.

There was a new fire fighter. He had red hair and a smile that was so... amazing. He was a bit shorter than me.

"Hey! I heard about you, you're the imaginary spider, right?"

Oh god even his voice was great.

"Ah, yeah, yeah that's me" could everyone else hear how loud my heart was beating?

He took off his jacket before holding out his hand. The flames on his arms were expertly done and his shirt fit perfectly. It took me a second to realize I was staring. I shook his hand.

"My name is Raymond, it's great to finally meet one of the hero's around here."

I felt like I was going to pass out.

I managed a nod and a mumbled "move to meet you, sorry but I have to go" before bolting.

By the time I got back into civilian clothes my class was starting. I made it just in time to not be late, then spent the rest of the time texting my friend about what happened.

When all my classes were over I came back to my apartment to see my roommate cooking something. When he noticed I walked in he shoved something in my face.

"Taste this"
"Cori-"
"No just eat it."

I roll my eyes and take a bite.

"It tastes great, what is it?"
"Quiche tartlet. It's the food I sent you earlier. Do you think anything's wrong with it?"
"No it's delicious, Max'll love it, if, ya know, you give it to him in person."

I smirked stupidly and received a half hearted glare before we heard a knock at the door.

I open it up expecting someone coming up to yell at us, but instead I'm greeted by red hair and a amazing smile. And I choke.

"Hey! I'm your new neighbor. I'm Raymond"

He's even better without my mask on. It felt like my heart was about to tear through my chest earlier but now it stopped. Somehow I forced myself to speak.

"Hi. I'm Elliot, nice to meet you"