All Good Things

"I'm going to die. I'm going to die and he's going to kill me."

The only thing on my mind is the recent evens that took place in my very own doorway. The tragedy of how I stood awkwardly thinking about every one of my flaws while he stood in perfect beauty in front of me.

Cori smiled "Now you know my hell."
"That's fair"

I get up from my face down position on the couch and receive a gentle pat on the head. It's been nearly 10 minutes since I met our new neighbor who lives a few doors down from us, for a second time.

"You should probably deliver the goods to max downstairs" I say as I point to the concoction made earlier.
"I almost forgot! I'll be back in a bit"

And with that I was alone in the apartment. I grab a throw pillow and hold it against my chest.

He seemed more casual this time. He was so. Comfortable. A t-shirt with blue jeans and an eye brow piercing. It was overwhelming. Even the smell of fire that filled the air when he was there was intoxicating. He looked so soft. He was shorter than me, but obviously much buffer. If it wasn't for my spider cheats he could beat me in a fight, and with my spider cheats I'd let him.

It's hard to get him out of my head. I have a reputation of making up for my lack of romantic interests by falling hard when I do. And I guess this is no exception.

My thoughts are interrupted by my roommate coming back.

"Welcome back, is it on his door step?"
Cori's face said all that it needed to.

"He was just coming back when I went up there. We had a nice conversation and. And he gave me his phone number in case I need anything."

They were smiling ear to ear, and shaking like a leaf. It's always so funny to see them after interacting with max with no costume to hide behind.

"Is it alright if I give you a congratulatory hug?"
My question is met with a nod, to which I go over and bend to hug the much shorter spider.

The embrace is cut short by a loud noise from my phone, at the same time cori gets a call. The noise on my phone was from my police scanner.
We turn to Eachother, already starting to get into costume as we speak.

"The six are out."