Like Brother, Like Sister. Komatsu Declares!

[Writer's forward: This story, as well as any Future KOR II fan-fiction,is based on the characters in Kimagure Orange Road. The story takes place after the movie "I Want to Return to that Day," and tries to be in the same universe as the Kimagure Orange College by Stephen Tsai. I am not part of Stephen Tsai's fan-fiction, but I liked his work so much, I had to put my own ideas into this new fan-fic. So, if I write anything that blatantly contradicts the stories in KOC, I humbly apologize, and I Promise to do better.We all know of the growing relationship of Kasuga Kyosuke and Ayukawa Madoka, but what happens to the rest of the KOR gang when Kyosuke,Ayukawa, and Akane left for college? It's my intention to write a fanfic in the tradition of Kimagure Orange Road and Kimagure Orange College that focuses on the relationships of KOR's supporting cast. My story is the relationship between Komatsu, Hatta,Manami, and Kurumi. This is the story of tangled loves and bonds of friendship. I hope you enjoy it.

[Scene of a calm city landscape. It's a bright sunny day, with a clear blue sky to match. Cut to an apartment building. There, a crowd has gathered. Some are chanting. Some are using prayer beads, while others are praying in front of a portable Buddha statuette. Some are even in Yoga Positions, murmuring mantras of patience. 

Others are not praying. Boxers are training on a makeshift punching bag. Kendo students practice their fencing skills. Countless other from various sports are also present. All of them are boys, each staring up at one window.

Cut to the one window in the apartment building. Inside, the room is extraordinarily clean. The walls are full of holes, where posters were once hung. The room is filled with boxes brimming with papers. Hatta is sitting on a bed, while Komatsu is collecting papers and carefully placing each paper lovingly in a cardboard box.]

Hatta: [Crying his eyes out] Ah, who would have believed that this day would come!?

Komatsu: [Calmly] We knew it was coming, Hatta. "A new man must arise from the ashes, just as the old man passes his test," says the club charter.

Hatta: [Declaring tragically] But you were the best! You took the club toits highest level! Ah! Oh, what a black day. I can't believe this is happening. How?! How could it happen to you, Komatsu-kun?!

Komatsu: Geez. Don't cry Hatta. Besides, it's time. We're out of highschool, Hatta. The school has no need for us anymore. Even the best of ushas to grow up.

Hatta: Grow up?!  Ah! But to give THIS away! All these boxes! [Hattagrabs a box and starts to hug and rub it like a mother and her baby. While doing so, his eyes glaze. He smiles as blood start pouring out of his nose.]

Komatsu: Eww, Hatta, stop doing that. Your getting blood all over the boxes. [Deftly grabbing tissue and pushing it to Hatta's face] You feel better now?

Hatta: [Stuffing the tissue up his nose] Un.**Un: Yes, correct.

Komatsu: Let's get it over with. [He lifts a box and proceeds to the window. He opens the window and steps out into the balcony, where the crowd started cheering. Komatsu waits for the din to die down.] I know you have been waiting for this moment for a long time. Perhaps your entire lives. I regret making you, all of you, suffer. I just find it hard giving up the happiest times in my life. As you all know, I have graduated, and I must give up my most prized possessions. I can only hope that one of you will have the courage, the intuition, the love, and determination...

A boy in the crowd: Just throw the DAMN THINGS!

Crowd: Yeah!

Komatsu: Haa*...Others must carry on the tradition! The posters!