Chapter 4 - Possessed

"We've got the second girl."

"What Sector?"

"Sector 3."

"Ha. I've lost count of all the mosquitoes I put in there."

"And the ones who're together; they've moved to Sector 11."

"Has the girl survived?"

"I'm not sure, sir."

"Anything on her Element yet?"

"Not yet, sir."

"Then force it onto her. Use Specimen 113."

"Yes, sir. Right away, sir."

"Get to it. I want this one classified as soon as possible."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Luke bent over the girl in front of him. She was ice cold. He'd heard a scream. Was it her? What am I thinking? Of course it's her!

He took a pulse; nothing. He started to panic. Oh my god. What do I do?

He knew that this was a movie moment where the boy hero tries to save the girl hero, then ends up kissing her when doing CPR. Then, classically, the girl gets annoyed at the boy. He didn't want that to happen.

So he just kmelt there, holding her hand. Hoping she'd wake up.

Suddenly, Alex shot up into a sitting position, breathing heavily. She looked at Luke, then said in a small, scared voice, "Is anyone else here? Mummy? Daddy?" Her expression didn't match though. She just stared, unblinking, at him.

"A-Alex?"

"Hello? Joe?" It was like the voice of a seven year old had been put into a zombie.

"No, Alex. It's Luke! Please..." He was almost crying. What if she'd been transformed into her seven year old self? Why does it matter? I only just met her. But he realised that if Alex left, he'd be on his own again...

"I'm River. Please help me! I'm scared..."

So it wasn't Alex. He breathed a sigh of relief, "Don't worry, River. I'll find you."

Wait. Was this girl in the Labyrinth? A seven year old girl was stuck in this horror. What if he was too late?

"River, just keep moving. If you're stuck, just call again."

"Ok." Alex collapsed again.

Calling? Why'd he call it that? She'd possessed Alex!

Alex jumped up suddenly, "What happened?"

"B-but-"

"But what?"

"You died! There was no pulse!"

"Oh, very funny." There was a decrease in temperature. It was like her mood was reflecting how warm it was.

"Then a little girl possessed you!"

Luke was most definitely frightened. He hadn't a clue what was going on.

"What?"

"S-she might be one of us."

Alex frowned, "Maybe."

"Are you not telling me something?"

"What? No!"

Luke sighed, "We need to go."

"Then let's go."

He assessed the new area they'd come to. The walls seemed to be made of wool. He lit his finger and held it close, but it didn't catch.

"Definitely wool."

"I know, but there's something more. Something dead. And its comming round the corner!" Alex yelled.

"Dead?"

"I don't know! Just get ready!"

"How do we fight something dead?"

"I don't know that either."

"What if-" But he never finished his sentence. A...thing turned the corner, silent as a mouse. Quieter, even.

It had a skull for a head, a lion's first body half and a cheetah's second.

Luke looked at Alex, "Yolo, I guess."

Alex nodded, "Yolo."

________________________________

Ze laaaaaatest!

I'm sorry, everyone. But there shall be a lack of an update next week. I have no excuse, I just haven't written the chapter... :/

Hope to see you the week after next! :D

Morgana