Chapter 2

It all started on the first day of Year 7.

Just recently I had moved from the South Island to the North island. I had zero friends at all. I spent the first few weeks alone, either sitting under a tree reading or just drawing on the picnic table by the staff room. Still, I had no friends. I had applied for librarian and luckily my classmate Sophie and I had landed the roles. That's the day I started talking to someone.

She slowly became my best friend and we got really close. Then a day came when she introduced me to her friend, Devon. I looked at him from head to toe, then it was followed by an awkward silence. "H-Hi I'm-I'm A-Aria.." "Hi, I'm Devon," he was pretty confident, he seemed like more of an extrovert than an introvert like me. Oof, I'll never become his friend. Next minute, I started hanging out with him and his friends. His friends became my friends and I wasn't lonely anymore. 

Soon the term break came and that's where we split up for two weeks. The two weeks went super fast and we were back at school. 

Another two weeks later Sophie comes and says to me, "Aria, I have something to tell you," I was confused and I looked behind her, Devon looked at me then looked down. I turned back to Sophie, "M-Me and Devon are dating." My mind went whoosh. I don't know about relationships and stuff, and no one had ever told me about dating. "Okay." I said. I walked off and I could tell both of them were looking at me. 

Further on in the year I was asked by many guys if I wanted to date them. Nope nope nope, I kept saying no. Because I knew I had to save my heart for the right guy. The year went on. And so did their relationship. Then came the end of year break. 6 months, finally.

- Love, Aria