Chapter 31

Capsize

I attempt desperately to stop myself looking like I've been waiting for Tom to get here as he walks through the door. I don't want to offend Jordan accidentally because I like him just as much as I like Tom, I'm just happy that Tom managed to make it. I like the feeling I get when I'm with the two of them, even if I know I should be focusing on the mission. I've never felt this way before, though, and I want them to like me.

"Sorry I was... Dianite kept me a little longer than I thought he would," Tom says as if he has to apologise. He can't help what Dianite wants him to do. Even if I really wish he could make it so Dianite is never anywhere near Tom, I know that would be impossible. Tom can make his own decisions, even if I don't like the situations he ends up in because of them. The way he says it does make me a little nervous, it's like he's trying to hide something. I... I know how that sounds all too well. I hope Dianite didn't hurt him.

"Was the meeting okay...?" I ask, not quite having the nerve to ask if Dianite hurt him but still wanting to see if he'll tell me. Even if he was hurt, though, it's not like I could do anything about it. I can't fight Dianite even if I really do want to because of all the harm he's done. Tom smiles which instantly makes me relax. If he had been hurt, he wouldn't be smiling.

"Yeah. Dianite just wanted to make sure that I was okay after the whole maze thing, that's all," His words are surprising. I'd never thought Dianite would be concerned about anyone with everything he does. It makes sense, though. Tom is his champion. I suppose even Dianite isn't cruel enough to mistreat his own champion. That doesn't give me a better opinion of him at all but at least Tom should be safe when he goes to talk to him. "I'm glad it didn't take too long, though. I really wanted to come here tonight."

"Really? You really wanted to come?" Jordan sounds shocked. Does Tom not normally turn up to things? He's turned up to everything I've been to when everyone else has, and he came here after I collapsed. I almost feel like questioning this but somehow, I feel like I can't. I haven't been here long enough to know how Tom normally acts.

"Of course, I am. I wouldn't miss this for the world," A smile grows on Tom's face. That by itself makes me relax. He's happy that he's here. He wants to be with us. Again, I can feel my own smile growing at that idea. He sits down next to me on the bed and I desperately fight the urge to blush as I'm suddenly sat between Jordan and Tom. I can just imagine what certain people would say if they could see me right now. Honestly, though I don't care, that's how happy I feel right now. "So, what were you guys talking about?"

"We were discussing Capsize's crew," I find myself feeling a little embarrassed. We had initially been talking about the mission to get Ianite's heart but before I knew it, we were talking about my crew. I'm not exactly sure how we got onto the topic. Luckily, I've managed to avoid talking about the less savoury members of my crew so far. "We were just talking about her first mate, Lotus."

"You're telling me I almost missed a conversation about pirates? Next time, remind me to run here," Tom says, his smile growing wider. I laugh a little, still finding it unbelievable how Tom finds the pirate thing. He's literally a legendary figure, but he thinks everything about me is so interesting. I suppose Dianite doesn't really have any pirates loyal to him seeing that a lot of his territory is landlocked so that might explain his fascination. Still, though, it feels odd. I've never been in a situation where being a pirate isn't normal. "The first mate is your second in command, right?"

"Yep. Lotus is my most trusted friend. She's helped me out of a lot of jams over the years," I say, trying to avoid thinking about what could've happened to her. No, Lotus is resourceful... I'm sure she's fine. Seeing Tom's smile grows is enough to get me way away from the terrible thoughts. "She would have loved it here. She was looking forward to it when we were making the plans. She kept talking about how great of an adventure this was going to be and how if the champions were nice that I might finally find a..."

I stop as I realise what I'm about to say. It had been a joke, her way of teasing me for being so serious all the time. However now I'm sitting next to Jordan and Tom, I realise it's not really a joke anymore. I do want them to be my boyfriends. I want that so badly. I can't just come out and say that though, can I? I mean, surely, they'd... should I?

"Capsize, are you-"

"I really like you both," I say, accidentally interrupting Jordan. I feel my heart thumping as I'm sure this is somehow going to backfire. The silence is agonising as I desperately want them to say something, anything, in response rather than leaving me waiting. I can see both their eyes widen which just makes the silence even more unbearable. Gods, why did I have to say that?

"We like you too. I mean, we like in the dating sort of way. If that's not what you mean then we completely understand and-" Jordan says. Waves of surprise roll through my body and they only grow as Jordan rambles on. They really like me enough to want to date me. I don't know if I feel closer to laughing or crying or just squeaking from joy because I wasn't just imagining things. The feeling is so overwhelming but as Jordan's still rambling, I know I need to do something to stop him. So, I wrap my arms around him and find myself placing a kiss on his cheek before turning to look at Tom. Jordan said we so surely that means...

"I hope you don't mind another person joining in," Tom says before leaning in closer and wrapping his own arms around me. I feel so happy. This... this is nice.