nine ✧ epilogue

✧-*•° ✧°•*-

"Oh my God, I can't believe I actually graduated!" Mina cried, relief in the form of tears pouring down her face

"Oh my God, I can't believe I actually graduated!" Mina cried, relief in the form of tears pouring down her face. Acid burns covered her hands, but instead of pain they represented the victories of the past and the victories to come.

"I know, I thought for sure we were goners during that last stretch," Denki agreed. The two clung to one another, wailing as if they hadn't made it.

"Dumbasses! Get yourself together!" Bakugo shouted furiously.

"Hey, guys!" Miles called out. Everybody turned to him and the man by his side, welcoming smiles spreading across their faces. "Looks like the whole class made it."

"Yup!" Uraraka grinned. "All 20 of us!"

"Restaurant staff must be pissed," Kirishima chuckled nervously, guilt spreading across the back of his eyes. Bakugo scoffed and took a sip of his water.

"Well we had to celebrate some way! This might the last time all of us are in the same place together," Sero butt in. Ochako nodded her head in agreement.

"Show us the rings, doofus!" Someone suddenly shouted from across the large table, and they turned to see Jiro smirking like her life depended on it. Hagakure squealed in excitement, grabbing onto Ojiro who watched curiously.

Miles showed no complaint, and after sharing a glance with Shoto, they both lifted their left hands into the air. Everyone seemed to squeal at the golden rings, the glint they gave off almost angelic.

"What, you're engaged?!" Mina shrieked, bolting from her seat. She rang to engulf the two in a hug, tears in her eyes.

"We've been engaged for like a week now, Ash."

Later that night, after saying goodbye to their forever classmates, Shoto and Miles decided to break the news to Endeavor. They sent him a picture with their ring fingers raised in mockery, before blocking him for good.

-*•° °•*-

"A recap for all those tuning in to this ground breaking story for the first time: pro hero Endeavor has gone rogue! After allegations surfaced of Enji Todoroki abusing his whole family for decades, a deep investigation was set into place. It was discovered that he drove his eldest child to become a villain, and kept his wife in a hospital for over a decade.

"Today was his trial, where he was found guilty with life in prison. He escaped police custody, and was involved in a high speed chase for 3 hours. Fortunately, pro hero Storm stepped in to save the day! Storm has been battling Endeavor for half an hour, but it seems as if the battle is drawing to a close."

Storm flung himself through the air once more, his wind brushing the dwindling fire aside and his feet connecting with Endeavor's jaw. Pure rage flowed from within the young pro hero, and he thought he could murder this old man if it wasn't against every rule in his job.

"I told you I would beat your ass!" Miles screamed over Endeavor's groaning form. He grabbed a fistful of the man's red hair, and viciously slammed his face into the concrete. Knowing he could legally go no further, her decided to strike the man down with words. "Look at me, coward! Look at me!"

Miles helped Endeavor along, grabbing his shoulder and twisting him around. His face was cracked and bloodied beyond recognition, but Storm felt no remorse. No one should feel sympathy for an abuser. Ever.

"You're going to prison forever, asshole! You'll never be able to lay your hands on Shoto di Angelo again! Or Fuyumi, or Natsuo, or Toya, and not even Rei! You wanted to build a new Roman Empire but all you got was Pompeii, because it's all you deserve!"

"I... I paid you," Endeavor wheezed. By now his flames were completely gone, and he was just a broken man laying on a broken road.

Miles smirked, and had to resist the urge to laugh in his face. "Bribery will never get you where you want it to, Enji Todoroki. I played smart, and you played rich."

Storm sent his foot flying onto Endeavor's leg, and his job was done when he heard the satisfying snap of the limb.

-*•° °•*-

This type of relaxing summer day was the source of all our best childhood memories. The ones where it was 9 PM and the sun still managed to give off some guidance, the oranges becoming darker and the coolness setting in. Where a gaggle of children had an unlimited supply of energy as they ran about barefoot.

Twilight in the summer is, and will always be, the peak of a child's life.

Miles and Shoto di Angelo stood inside a hospital, the feeling of those memories zapping at their skin. They stared in wonder through a thick glass pane, their eyes set on a young baby who they would soon make those same memories with.

"That's her," the social worker hummed happily. "She's been in the nursery for about two weeks now, because she was born so prematurely. Her parents' passing was truly tragic, but hopefully she'll have another set of parents to show her the way, just as they would have."

"Yes, she will," Shoto nodded firmly, determination coursing through his nerves. The scar covering his blue eye was a promise of the care and love he would show his own child.

The social worker smiled, and scribbled vividly across her clipboard. "She doesn't have a name yet. The sooner her birth certificate is complete, the sooner she can go home. I'm sure she's had enough of this dingy old hospital."

Shoto smiled softly, squeezing his husband's hand. They had had this discussion plenty of times in the past. A deep nostalgia flashed across Miles' eyes, and he nodded proudly.

"Brooklyn. Brooklyn di Angelo."

-*•° °•*-
i hated how the second half of this book turned out but lemme tell you i poured my SOUL into this epilogue and it turned out EXACTLY how i wanted. this epilogue is fucking ART and im allowed to say that

2019 is the year of self criticism but its also the year of me finally REALIZING that i have some shred of talent when it comes to words

.. ok that was intense. i'll be publishing a bakusquad centric fic (w/ oc of course) very soon so look out for that!

but thank you for reading this one 😌 i love you all very much and remember to stan -oneforall 🥰💞💓💕💓💘💞💗💘💗💘💕

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐋𝐘𝐍 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑 , shoto todoroki 🎉