Lifetimes

"I have been poisoned eight different times in the past week, and I'm starting to get tired of it Alya." Marinette said as she slumped down on her chaise, grabbing a pillow and burying her head into it. Her skin felt hot and her cheeks flushed red in annoyance, this was bugging her more than usual and the fact that it was bugging her bothered her.

"Geez marinette, we've been alive how long now? And everytime you've been poisoned by someone curious you've brushed it off, shouldn't you be used to this by now and not causing a scene?" Her best friend reasoned as she finished putting the final highlights in her hair, "I mean were leaving that school anyways, it's being shut down so we won't have to worry about those idiots anymore"

Slowly she picked up her head and sighed in defeat, "I guess you're right"

"Always am Mari, always am"
~~~
After rinsing the dye out of their hair the duo parted ways, Alya gave Marinette one last squeeze and ran downstairs, making her way back to her own appartement. You see both girls weren't really 17, well they were to the public and their birth certificates, but in reality they were over 5000 years old. They've watched empires go up in flames, revolutions, wars and started a few themselves, they've spent lifetimes watching over generations of superheroes and villains and done more than anyone could wish to in one lifetime.

To be honest they were getting quite bored now, but the evolution of mankind and technology has recently revolutionised the way both girls live. But one thing they'll never grow old of is their soulmates. They're always there, they always find each other eventually however, the boys never remember their past lives until a kiss is shared between the two. It's always worked this way, well up until now.

Marinette sighed and ran a hand through her now raven hair. It was a change from her usual hair with pink highlights. She walked to back of the living room and brushed the tips of her fingers along the books that lined her wall, some fairly new and some torn and tattered, some dating back to the early 1700's. They were diaries, her diaries. I'm each one was a life she has lived out, as a new person with a new life. Believe me, most lives were full of surprises and romance but some, well some ended in death and destruction.

She grabbed a book at random and sat down on her bed, flipping through the pages until she landed on one.
~~~
Dear diary,
Life isn't all that to be honest, I'm over 4200 years old now and nothing's starting to surprise me. Prince Felix was there last night, at the ball, he avoided me as usual, scared of the visions of his past life that now fill his head. He doesn't believe me, he think it to be witchcraft. He needs to trust me soon because otherwise I'm not sure what I am going to do.

But he asked me to dance last night, That's a good sign is it not? Or is that just me overthinking because of course he still has to dance it is a ball and he's expected to dance with everyone, oh my what if he doesn't choose me as his bride? What will alya say? Oh dear.

However I must part, until tomorrow,
Dearest Marinette.
~~~
The week for both of the girls surely flew by, they spent most of the week changing up their wardrobe and adding final pieces to their new identities. They decided to keep their original names from their first lives for once, seeing as it was a few thousand years later and no one was bound to remember that family.

Marinette duapin-Chang

And

Alya Césaire

Truth be told, the only reason the two girls were still alive was because they were made to look over the miraculous holders of every new century, when a threat arises and superhero's arrive their job begins. Well aside from finding their soulmates. Both jobs were tiring none the less. However, neither girl had ever been given a miraculous before, that was until Marinette became ladybug yet she chose to hide that from Alya. In fear of what she might say or do.

Anyways, Marinette woke up to the sound of her alarm ringing through her ears, her already prominent headache growing worse by the second. She huffed and pressed snooze on her alarm before turning over and throwing the covers over her face, avoiding the sunlight from her trap door at all costs. Needless to say the brunette who was sat ready on her chaise was not impressed and flicked her wrist, muttering a few words under her breath.

Marinette then went flying towards the bathroom door and before she reached it her body came to a sudden holt. Her face was evidently laced with fear and her hands were outstretched in hopes of trying to help ease her collision with the door that never came.

"I thought I told you to be ready half an hour ago Marinette" Alya huffed, she was dressed causally in a black crop top with blue jeans and a belt, her hair curled lightly. Marinette stood there looking at her friend with an uttermost bored look, she wasn't ready to do this again. Suddenly, the ombré haired girl was pushing clothes into her friends arms and forcing her to change within a mater of minutes, despite the protests from the other girl.

It had been half an hour and both girls were leaving, ready to once again become accustomed to the school life and early mornings. Marinette was lazily eating a Croissant and Alya was already complaining about the day ahead of them. They both entered the school grounds, and were faced with the intrigued stares of others around them, curious of who the new girls may be.

However Marinette was tugged by the arm around a corner and enveloped in a tight hug, "my god Marinette finally we've been reunited, how has it been these last few years soulmate?" Now this had the girls head spinning.

~~~
Word counts 1304.
I've been planning this for a while in all honesty, I wasn't too sure at first on how to go about with this idea but I'm getting there. A part two may be in the works who knows just let me know.