Chapter 2: Raymond

*check pic 2 see Raymond*

Raymond POV

Aye yo I'm Raymond but you can call call me Ray. It's the first day back to school and I just barely made it on time. But that's cause of some business I was taking care of that I can't get into right now. Anyway I walked into my first period just in time. I looked around for a seat and the only one open was in the back. After I sat down the teacher started class.

Ms. Tonya: "Alright everybody welcome to English 3 Honors. First things first, take out a composition notebook and pen or pencil."

While everyone started shuffling in there bags Ms. Tonya continued to speak.

Ms. Tonya: "These will be your personal journals that you use to document your growth through this semester. And it doesn't have to just be academic growth, it can also be growth as a friend, an athlete, artist, or just as a person in general." She says looking around that class at each of us. "But first I want you to write about who you are right now, you can write whatever you want then we'll share with the class. You'll write in your journal everyday and at the end of the week you'll pick the one you like the best and read it to the class. If it's too personal we'll talk about it privately. And we'll do this once a week, every week."

After looking through my book bag for a minute I realized I didn't bring anything to write with so I looked to my left but the boy next to me was so far up his nose that I thought if I asked him for a pen he would pull it out his nose! So I turned to my right.

Me: "Hey, can I borrow a pen?"

The boy quickly glanced at me then handed me a pen from his book bag a went back to his work. It kinda seemed like he didn't want to talk to me but I didn't know why. Soon I was time to share what we wrote.

Ms. Tonya: "Alright time to share. Would anyone like to start us off?"

Of course there was silence for a moment.

Ms. Tonya: "I guess that means I'm picking. Yay!" She says in a sarcastic voice.

After most of the class goes it's down to me and the boy next to me.

Ms. Tonya: "Down to the last two. Don't both of you jump at once."

I looked over at him but he just looked straight ahead. So I just decided to go.

Me: Wassup, I'm Raymond but I go by Ray. I'm 17, I'm a ladies man, I basically run this school, and ball is life. Oh! And I sell drugs.

(sike! y'all really thought, this ain't one of them stories. 😁)

As I sat down he got up. I could smell the cologne he was wearing but it wasn't normal it was sweet but not like perfume. I don't know how to describe it.

"Ayyye! Best for last!" Some random girl yelled.

Donté: "You already know!" He said posing.

Ms. Tonya: "Boy I can't take you." Ms. Tonya said giggling.

Donté: "Okay most of y'all already know me but I'm Donté but pretty much everyone calls me Té, or That Bitch if you want." He said giggling and making the whole class laugh.

Ms. Tonya: "Language."

Donté: "Oh! My bad Ms. Tonya... Well I'm 16, I'm FULL of attitude..."

Ms. Tonya: "Who you tellin!" Ms. Tonya said interrupting and making the class laugh.

It wasn't until he said that, that I realized who he was.

Donté: "Anways..." Donté said giggling and rolling his eyes. "I love to perform, Don't come for Beyoncé in my presence cause I might just kill you, and that's really it." He said then sat down as the class clapped for him.

I don't know what it was about him but you could tell that he KNEW he was all that! In his words "that bitch"

At this point you're probably wondering how we know eachother? Well basically the story goes that in 8th grade my EX... emphasis on the ex part. My ex bestfriend used too bully Donté ALL the time cause he's gay. Then at the end of 8th grade year he moved outta state and that summer I found out he had been trying to get with my girlfriend behind my back.

Anyways, by the way I didn't recognize him I could tell he really changed and started doing good for himself. I wonder if he remembers me?

Sorry the chapters were so short, I'm literally thinking of stuff as I type. Hope you like it & let me know what you guys think! 😘 -TheBoiQueen