Temporary home

It was just beginning to get dark when they finally made it to Vergen, the sky was overcast, so even though the sun hadn't completely set, it was still rather dark. They boarded their horses, in the new stables near the first gate, and Iorveth carried It'lein. The girls head rested on his shoulder, with her arm dangling over his, as she was fast asleep. They headed for the keep, knowing that Saskia was awaiting their arrival, and would have set up lodgings for them.

Anni looked around herself, remembering the last time she had been to Vergen was when she was still a child. Her, and mother only wandered the merchants square, and stayed in a dwelling that Yarpin had set up for them. Only one day, and night, and then they headed back to Est Tehair, it was when mother had bought the bow, and quiver she, and later Anni had used to hunt with. They had passed through the second gate, and turned right to head up the hill, She remembered seeing the houses carved right out of the mountainside. She had wondered what it was like to live long term in such an place, and now it would seem she would find out.

They approached the red painted door, of the lower entrance of the keep, a place that Anni had never seen. They entered into a foyer, and Anni found herself feeling a little lost, as this was territory she had not traveled. She followed Iorveth, watching his back, and wide shoulders ahead of her, knowing he knew where he was going. They had ascended a stairway, and walked down a corridor, and entered a room with a large round table in the center. There were two woman sitting at the table, one with blonde hair, and smokey blue eyes, wearing a long blue dress, and cloak. In front of her was who Anni could only guess had to be Ciri, she had ashen hair, and a scar on her left cheek. The two were deep in conversation, but when they saw Iorveth, and Anni entering the room they instantly stopped talking. The blonde woman, who Anni guessed was Saskia, by descriptions she had heard of her, approached Iorveth with her smokey eyes lit with affection. She gave him a half embrace, as he only had one arm available to do so, then she stood back, and looked at the young girl he held against his shoulder.

"Is that It'lein? My, she has grown since I saw her last." Her tone conveyed how astonished she was.

Iorveth smiled, and nodded his head, placing a loving hand on the childs back.

"I believe she had just turned four when you last saw her." He informed her.

Saskia shook her head.

"Its been that long." Her expression one of reminiscence.

She looked past Iorveth to see Anni standing there holding Te'veth in his sling.

"You must be Surianni," She walked to Anni with her hand extended as a greeting. "I'm so happy to meet the woman who captured Iorveth's heart." They shook hands, and Saskia motioned to see the babe. "May I?" She asked.

Anni appreciated her asking permission first, and moved forward, and pulled the side of the sling out so Saskia could peer inside.

"Oh," She gasped. "He looks so like his father." She put her hand over her heart, as she spoke.

Anni looked at Iorveth, who smiled back at her, giving her a wink of his eye, as his demeanor was full of pride.

"Your messenger said you were returning, but not to stay permanently." Saskia couldn't hide her disappointment.

"We will be staying for a time, enough time for me to assist you in establishing your army." Iorveth began to explain himself, but Saskia raised her hand.

"Not right now, you have traveled long, and I can see Anni is tired from the journey. Let's get you in your lodgings, and tomorrow we can talk about it." She gestured to a thin man standing at the ready.