-

(This is written in the time before Zach had a girlfriend)

ZACHS POV

I don't like drinking, never have and probably never will. It's just not something that appeals to me like it appeals to other adults. When going out with the other try guys, they go hard on the drinks and get drunk as hell. Don't get me wrong, sometimes I drink until I drop, I just don't like doing it. I often feel peer pressured to drink more like the others but I've learnt to avoid this by just pretending  to be drunk. If my friends were sober they would totally recognise I was faking it but usually they are too drunk to notice. 

One specific night while we were out Eugene starting acting weird. Not the usual drunk weird, it was more of a romantic weird. This weirdness was only displayed towards me. I tried to ignore it for as long as I could but I felt the urge just to respond back and display the same affection. 

This responding back and forth went on for around an hour and I just don't know what came across me. 'Fuck it '  I thought to myself. I ordered a few shots of Tequilla and a couple of Jäger and downed them quickly. I became easily drunk from then and the night faded from there.

THE NEXT MORNING

I woke up, in a bed that definitely wasn't my own. I could tell by the softer sheets. My head was pounding, I remembered how smashed I got last night. All I wanted to do was head back to sleep but my back was killing me. Plus,  how was I supposed to fall asleep in a room I was now aware was not mine. I slowly began to open my eyes and stared at the roof. I looked to my right and saw a bedside table and the time displayed as 1:08PM
Woah. 1PM?! I diverted my eyes around the room. It was a similar room but I couldn't put my finger on it. I continued to move my head around the room and saw Eugene sleeping next to me and a pair of denim overalls on the floo- Wait. EUGENE SLEEPING NEXT TO ME?!

I sat up immediately and confirmed, it was Eugene, MY BEST FRIEND. I had a mini freakout but it was like everything calmed down. I cracked a little smile at Eugene, sleeping peacefully. Instead of freaking out over this situation, I got up and made breakfast for the both of us. It then came to me that this was in fact Eugene's apartment. How we got here from the bar is a mystery to me but we made it.
I made some jelly on toast for the both of us, along with a cup of coffee for Eugene and a cup of tea for me. I brought the food back into the bedroom and attempted to wake Eugene up in the softest way possible.

"Eugene, Eugeneeee, wake up" I whispered whilst kneeling down on the floor next to him.

His eyes slowly opened and looked very shocked to see me there. 

"Zach, what are you doing?" He said wearily whilst placing his hand on his head, to signify he was in pain.

"Just eat the food I made for you and we can sort this out later." I told him as I left his food on his bedside table, soon walking back over to the other side of the bed to eat my food.

Time passed as we ate our food in silence. It was obvious we were both tired as hell. I used this time to think about this situation. It made me panic, to be honest. What exactly did we do? Well, it was quite obvious stating we both woke up with hardly any clothes on. I noticed Eugene had finished his food before I did and was now staring at me. I turned my head to look at him directly and he cracked a smile. 

"So, I'm sure we can assume what happened last night." He teased in a raspy voice.

"Eugene, I'm worried. I hardly remember anything. What if we showed obvious signs we were going to do that. What if Keith and Ned saw? What would they think? How would they confront us? What if a FAN or a NEWS REPORTER saw. What would happen to our compa-"

I didn't even get to finish my sentence before Eugene grabbed my cheek with one hand and the back of my neck with the other and gave me the softest kiss. That's when I knew everything was going to be okay.

-

Hey! That's it. Would you like to see a part 2? Maybe a story.. I dunno.
Leave a comment if you'd like to see a part 2 or somethin.

- grace <3