Revealed

//A series of knocks were heard from Emma Swan’s door. She hadn’t bothered to answer it since she knows that the person behind the door would just go away and right she was. Emma went back to sleep, drifting into a dreamless state. Everything is normal…. Or so she thought.

A few hours later…

Alohomora. Emma Swan’s door creaked open at the moment the door was spoken. Lumos. //

Light dances in front of Emma ’s closed eye lids. Ugh. Is it morning already? She groggily opened her eyes only to see a man, holding up a stick of some sort with a glowing tip, inside her room.

“Good morning, Emma.” rumbled the man in a rich, earthy voice. “Nox.” The light went out and the man, then, sheathed the stick into his coat.

Emma jumped to her feet at the sound of the man’s voice. She grabbed her concealed knife from her pillow.

“Who the bloody hell are you and what are you doing in my room?!” Emma fiercely said, mustering all of her courage , as she pointed the sharp object towards the man.

The man chuckled in such warm tone, like the sun in a summer afternoon. “The name is David Nolan, Keeper of Keys and Grounds and a professor in Care of Magical Creatures. As for what I’m doing here, well, I’d like to talk to you.”

She stared at the man, having her eyes skim across his body, not really checking him out. The man, David, was wearing a dark blue cloak-like coat, covering his silvery business suit. He’s got a light brown hair, and blue piercing eyes. This man’s appearance, she’s gotta admit, seemed to be charming rather than shady. Really charming compared to her current wardrobe, a white tank top and red volleyball shorts.

“Talk to me about what? And really, magical? Since when did there be any class named that?” Emma said as she shot him a suspicious look and lowered her knife.

David smiled at her actions. “Yes, magical. I am from—“

Knocks were suddenly heard from the door, cutting off David. Madam Ellsbury, the great woman who manages the orphanage went in, her head turned to the direction of some kids who were running in the hallway as she shushed them. Emma quickly hid the knife into her sheets.

“Emma? Have you seen a man—“she turned to look at Emma and saw David and smiled.

“ I see you have met him. Emma, this is David Nolan, a professor from, uh… Pigfarts, is it?”

“Hogwarts, ma’am.” David answered in a polite voice.

“Ah, yes. He came from Hogwarts to offer you a scholarship. I didn’t know that you applied for scholarships, Emma.” Madam Ellsbury heartily said.

“But, I didn—“ she saw David wink at her direction, she blinked and decided to play along the lines. “Uh, yes, Madam Ellsbury.” She shot a glance at David who was smiling merrily.

“I guess I’ll leave you here then so that you two may talk about your scholarship. Good job, Emma. I’m so proud of you.” Madam Ellsbury gave Emma an affectionate peck on her cheek and strode out of Emma’s room.

Emma sighed. She turned to face David. She decided to give the older man to explain things further, what good would it bring her if she restrained her curiosity?

“So, what is Hogwarts?” Emma inquired.

“I’m glad you asked that, Emma. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is the best school for someone like you. A child of magic, a witch.”