Laughter

The week continued on and Sally hadn't heard the voice since that day. As another week passed with no sign of the evil being that haunts his thoughts, he started to wonder if it was gone or just hiding. We continue his story on a regular Friday morning, a week and a half later.

Sally's POV

I wake up from an odd dream. My nightmares had started to subside and be replaced by rather strange dreams of his friends. I shake it off and quickly jot down the dream in a journal I've been keeping. I've been writing down my dreams for years but there's some points where I just forget to for months at a time.

I put up my hair in my regular pigtails and put my face together. I should get different colored glass eyes. That'd be kinda cool. I think to myself right before my phone starts ringing. Who the hell is calling me? I grab my phone and see who the dumbass calling a mute guy is. Oh! Larry? I answer the phone.

"Hey man. I know it's strange that I'm calling you cause obviously you don't talk, but I just wanted to see if you wanted some waffles. Mom was about to start making some and she wanted me to ask if you wanted some." I sit there for a moment, waiting if he's gonna say anything else. After a moment of silence, he speaks up again "Oh shit, I guess you can just... ' he pauses 'uhm hang up for no or blow into the phone for yes" I stare at my phone for a moment before blowing as hard as I can into the mic of the phone. "Jesus Christ Dude! That scared the shit outta me, but I guess I'll see you in a few minutes then" and with that, I hang up the phone and grab my stuff.

I turn around before leaving my room and quickly throw my pills into my mouth, dry swallowing. I run out my room and into the kitchen to fill up Gizmo's food and water bowl. I'm quickly greeted by a very loud and kinda angry Gizmo. I place down the bowls and pet him for a moment. I know man. I haven't really been paying much attention to you. I go into my dad's room and tap his shoulder, earning a slight jump from him.

"Oh god, you scared me. You should really knock or let me know you're walking in sometimes. You're always so quiet" I laugh a little and sign to him. Larry's mom invited me over for waffles. Can- "Of course you can go. Tell them I said hi' he sighs 'I might not be here by the time you get back. I gotta head out the moment I finish this paper so you'll have the apartment to yourself this weekend... with the exception of Gizmo of course. Or you can go to Larry's if you want" I nod my head and give him a hug and a 'Thank you' before rushing out of the house.

---------------------

I knock on the apartment door and wait a few moments before knocking again. I can barely hear Larry say something along the lines of 'I guess the doors locked' before a few thumps and a crash. I check the doorknob -Not locked- so I open the door and see Larry a few feet away on the floor. I smile and lean over him. "Oh.. uh, hey Blue. How's it goin?" He says with a laugh. 

He's so cute..  I stopped telling myself off for these thoughts a few days ago. I mean, I'm not wrong. He is cute. I just stare at Larry for a moment, but stick my hand out to help him up after a moment. In the blink of an eye, Larry gets a devilish smirk on his face as he grabs my hand and pulls me down to the floor instead. He just laughs harder than before. 

I give him a quick pinch to the side and get up. "aHAh DUDE... that hurt" he says as he rubs his side. I came here for waffles. He looks at me confused so I get my notebook. I write down the sentence and sign each word before signing to the words on the paper slowly. "OOoohhhhhh... wait. How do you do waffles...."  Before I can show him again he tries... emphasis on TRIES to repeat the sentence back to me. It's so bad and he's so cute; I don't know what came over me but I laugh. Like... actually make a noise kind of laugh. It sounds horribly terrifying but it was a laugh nonetheless.