chapter 1

Beep!

Beep!

Beep!

"Ugh stupid alarm!"

Time to get up and ready for school

"An get your ass up! It's your 17 birthday and i'll be damned if you find your mate today and you're dressed like you normally are, so go and take a shower!" Taylor my bestfriend/ sister practically yells in my ear.

"Alright, just no revealing clothes and keep the make-up to a minimum."

Well i guess i should explain this. I'm Annamarre or An to my brother Nick and Taylor. Taylor also happens to be Nicks mate.

A mate is your other half, when both you and your mate are 17 or older you feel a pull to them. And when you touch them it's like little sparks on your skin.

AFTER SHOWER

I walk out to see Nick and Taylor in a very interesting position.

"Um Tay help but if you wanna-" i get cut off with her shouting

"Noo i'm still helping i just needed something to do." Gross

"Babe i know you did not just say you were using me." Nick says to Taylor, having your brother and bestfriend as mates, WEIRD

"Oh hush i need to help An here get ready for school, where she could possibly find her mate. Now go let me work.

"Ok so first things first make-up and hair. First make-up we'll do a smokey eye and light pink lip gloss. And for you hair sence its so long we will do a fishtail braid down your back."

So with that she covers up my mirrior, yes she covers it so i can't see, and starts to work with my hair. After two miniuts of her working on my hair she goes strait to work on my make up. Let me just say when Tay does make up she does not stop untill she gets it perfect. So that lead to an hour of torture a.k.a Tay fussing over my make up and how perfect it must look.

"Alright i am done, now go put on your clothes i layed them out on your bed." Hopefully she folled my request of no revealing, but knowing how she is so excited about me finding my mate i really dont know what to expect.

AT SCHOOL

UGH STUPID Taylor for putting me in a dress and heels, she knows i hate dresses. So here i am trying to avoid the wolf wistels by the guys, no pun intended, and trying to avoid the girls glares and wispering.

"Annamarrie! I swear to the moongoddes if you dont stop trying to stay in the backeound today after all my work i will personally drag your ass to the front of the school and ask one of the football guys to come and kiss you!" Oh god she used my full first name she is mad. When we finally get inside the school and away from some of the stares we go our seperate ways, me to my locker and Tay to go see Nick.

"Hey i'll see you at lunch okay?"

"Yeah sure see ya later." The horrible thing about my schedual is i only have lunch and gym with both Tay and Nick. I have all advanced classes and i also have advance orchastra and regular orchastra. Yeah me the over achevier. I take orchastra the regular time and the advance irchastra during my study hall.

Off to first period- MATH, i mean i love school but i really hate math i mean who wants to be stuck doing long boring equations i know already, cause i am just cool like that, and not being able to talk to your one friend or brother. Not me that's for sure.

LUNCH

All day i have been getting stared at and hve yet to find my mate, i am totally blaming this on Taylor when she gets here. Speak of the devil.

"Hey so guess who's been the talk of the school by both the guy population and the girls."

"Oh i don't know. Me?" With sarcassam dripping frim my voice

"Oh haha you're halarious, but seriously Nick has had to punch a few guys here and there for talking about you."

"Oh speaking of my brother where is he?" I asked trying to avoid this topic.

"He had football practice. And don't think for one second that i didn't notice your changimg of the topic, we will discuss this matter. So it is either now we discuss it or now, which onr do you choose?"

"Hmm i think i will go with never."

"Oh come on An you have got to be kidding me! Have you at least been loocking out for your mate, because if not you are makimg all my hard wirk this morning go to waste."

Truth was i was actually looking for my mate in all my classes and i have yet to fimd him, i am convinced that the fates hate me and do not eant me to have a mate. "Yes Tay i have been looking but haven't found him yet, who knows maybe he doesn't even go to our school, maybe he isn't in our pack."

"Oh don't give me that bull your dad has the secind largest pack in the world, and the first largest pack goes here also. So i find it very hard to believe that he isn't here."