Chapter Two- Choking

(Harry’s pov)

“Have you gone mad?” Zayn yelled, jumping out of his seat nearly knocking over his breakfast.

I winced at the loud sound of his voice. I didn’t expect being shouted at…

“The visit yesterday made us all think differently but don’t loose focus of where you stand, Harry. “ Liam said, seriously.

I opened my mouth to reply but someone beat me to it.

“What’s all the fuss about?” Louis called as him and Niall came into view, both with a deep frown on their faces.

“Harry wants to-“

“Stop! I can speak for myself just fine, thank you very much.” I narrowed my eyes and took my stare off Zayn. He only rolled his eyes and crossed his arms up to his chest, taking back his seat.

Louis raised his eyebrows, waiting for someone to inform him about what everyone was so worked up about at the moment and why.

“I am going to adopt Amanda.” I spoke loud and clear.

Niall choked on his food, “You can’t be serious?” He managed to say once he was able to catch his breath.

Oh, but I was. I couldn’t ever be as serious as I was now. I was determined to do this, to take responsibility. It was hurtful how they didn’t realize that I was not joking about the subject. So I kept a straight face. I wasn’t going to back down. I had made up my mind and that was that.

Louis, in the other hand, kept quiet looking directly at me. When he was truly sure that it wasn’t a joke and saw how determined I was about it, he tensed up.

He looked right into my eyes and spoke, steadily.  “She isn’t your problem,”

“She will be,”

Louis shook his head, “No, Harry. I don’t think you understand how serious what you are saying is. It won’t work, anyway. You’re in a band, you’re eighteen, and you are never home.” He stated, “How do you expect to raise that girl when you, yourself, are still growing up?”

“I know, Louis” I sighed, “She not a toy. She not something I can return. I know that but I can figure something out. She’ll be homeschooled and will go on tour with us. I can raise her. I can give her advice. She’s fifteen for goodness sake! She’s probably beyond her years by having to live in that place and going through many tough situations. She has needed to grow up faster. She’s not a little girl that you have to hold hands with to cross the road, but I can be there for her. I can help her.”

“What about the law?” Zayn pointed out.

“I’m able to get the best lawyer there is out there. Money isn’t an issue and you know that.” I replied.