2

"God damnit, wakey wakey, Clitface!" Donghyuck nudged Haewon on the bus. "You look ugly when you sleep."

You see, today wasn't an ordinary day for the senior class of Yongseuk High, also Haewon and Donghyuck's class. Today the class was going to start their week long trip to Aokigahara, in Japan. Some people refer to it as the Suicide Forest.

-

"We have too many emo kids in our class who wanna be like Logan Paul," said Renjun, one of Donghyuck's friends, once the principal revealed where the trip would take place.

Jaemin, another one of Donghyuck's friends, scoffed. "You just wanted to go back to your hometown so you could act like you know everything." Renjun rolled his eyes at him. "But am I wrong?"

-

Donghyuck wanted to hurriedly wake Haewon from her seemingly deep slumber before anyone saw. The image was too suspicious for his liking.

She was laying her head on his shoulder while snuggling into the blanket she had brought. Although it warmed his heart to think he had a chance, it also worried him to think that anyone could outright expose him right now.

"Hmmm...." She mumbled in her sleep. "Are we there yet?"

"We gotta take a whole ass plane there, what do you mean 'are we there yet'? Did you think I'd carry you off a bus, onto a plane, off a plane, back onto a bus, and to your hotel room?" Donghyuck scoffed.

His hair bounced lightly with every motion his head made. It constantly hit Haewon in the face.

"I said it once, and I'll say it again, get up."

"Gee, mom, why are you so worried about whether I'm up or not?"

"Because," erupted Yokoyama Ayaka, one of Haewon's best friends. It was only natural for her to become one of Donghyuck's as well, and has so far become the only friend out of both groups to manage to be this close with both of the teens. "Back when I lived around here, in March, nearly every kid in our neighborhood would go out during the weekends to search for those who have gone missing. Although nobody found exactly what we were looking for, they definitely solved some 'MISSING' cases. But, not every kid would return.

"This is because the Onryo, or vengeful spirits would take whichever kids they could get their grasps onto and trap, torture, kill, eat, do whatever would harm these kids for eternity. Some kids would escape weeks, months, maybe even years later, traumatized to the point of entering a mute trance. They wouldn't communicate, they wouldn't eat, they wouldn't move; it's like their souls had been sucked and their bodies were just a shell of themselves."

"And that concerns me how?" Haewon asked.

Donghyuck snickered to himself. "Because one day, it may just be you who gets yourself into that situation. Not every ghost you read about in your fan fictions exist, Haewonnie. Don't you think there's a reason I don't let you walk outside alone after midnight?"

"Damn, who knew Hyuckie was a Softie?" Ayaka teased him.

He blushed. "I am not! I just don't wanna be responsible for this botched up birth control pill's death!"

"Renjun, you can stop oggling Ayaka now," Jeno elbowed the foreign student while in his trance.