History (1)

History

“No no no Kris!” I cried desperately. “Don’t, I tell you, don’t do it!” I clamped my eyes shut and pressed my hands to my ears, in a hopeless attempt to block his voice. But the bastard, he made sure to lean right over to my ear.

“Then you close your eyes, feeling his breath on your neck,” Kris said in a hushed voice. “That warm breath on your neck contrasts with the cool ocean breeze on your face, giving you the shivers.” As he talked, I felt his breath warm my neck, and my blush slipped up a notch.

“Stop it Kris. Don’t say anymore,” I moaned, looking at him pleadingly. He raised an eyebrow teasingly and looked back at the notebook. I stared at him, almost speechless as he continued.

“He slowly touches your cheek as he turns you around to face him. His eyes darken as they focus on your lips. You part them, helpless.” Hearing his voice say that, my blush deepened. I felt really really weird. Awkwardly, I shifted away from him. “His fingers brush down your face, down your neck, hovering over the collar of your blouse. You can feel his long fingers lying on your collarbone, tracing patterns.”

“Uh Kris, you might want to stop there.”

The guy shook his head, before he started to read again. “Hanbio stared at you, breathing in your intoxicating scent. He couldn’t hold it any longer. He closes on you, and you feel him brush his lips on yours, once, twice, thrice…” I watched him look up from the notebook and he gave me a wink. “You roll your head back, helpless against his gentleness. You are brained shut down.”

“Urm brained shut down?” I asked, those unusual words breaking off the trance his words had on me. “That is not very romantic.”

“Really? How about blanked out?” he replied, picking up his pen.

“Never mind. Just stop it okay?” I said. He tutted softly as he crossed out the sentence and wrote ‘Your mind blanked out’ over it. I resisted the urge to tell him that it didn’t match either.

“Should I continue?” he said, turning the page.

“NO!”

He chuckled at my instant answer and looked at me. “Why? Didn’t you like it? It’s you and your crush I wrote about after all.”

“I don’t like it!” I said, my voice going to a higher note. He took up a hurt look.

“What?” he gasped. “You mean you don’t like my writing?” I swatted his arm and got up from the couch.

“You know what I meant.”

Kris set the notebook on the coffee table and leaned back, stretching his arms above his head. “Seeing the way you got excited over the trip tomorrow inspired me to write this. You guys are going to the beach na.” He paused for a breath before saying, “And beaches are one of the top most romantic spots. Make sure you ask him out tomorrow. Like, ‘Hanbio I love you!’ Short and sweet.”

“I WON’T!”

“And while you are at it, seduce him. You know what to—” He broke off when I punched his stomach.

“Jeez Zemnax,” he muttered, rubbing his stomach.

“Idiot! I won’t ask him out nor will I seduce him! So stop being so smug about it!” I huffed, turning around to head to the kitchen.

“I can’t help it!” he crowed. Scowling, I went to the kitchen and opened the fridge. Taking the orange juice out, I placed it on the counter and took two glasses. I grabbed some ice and put them into the glasses before pouring the juice. My scowl deepened as I heard Kris sing, “Zemnax and Hanbio forever-forever-foreverrr!”