Dessert

I pull the cake out of the oven and put it in the fridge to cool. Then i'll frost it with a chocolate icing and it'll be great.

I head over to Zach's room and knock.

"Whats up?" He shouts.

"What do you wanna do for dinner tonight?"

"Do you wanna go out for Chinese food?" He knows I like to cook at home but every now and again I can let it slide for him.

"Really?" I sigh because I know he'll say something along the lines if you're okay with it and I can't say no to his ever so sad puppy dog voice.

"I mean only if you're really okay with it." I smile and roll my eyes. I knew it.

"Alright fine. You, me, and Abby yeah?"

"Yeah course."

"Then after that I have a surprise for you."

He opens his door slowly. "Surprise you say?" He seems to be looking around the room. That little scavenger boy.

"Yes but not till after dinner Zach." He crosses his arms. He's very,, uh attractive? when he crosses his arms and scrunches up his face but it's nothing new. Just something about him I suppose. A really good thing about him.

"But what if I wanna know now?"

"Listen I'm already letting you go out and ruin you're amazing food diet from me so you have to wait for your surprise until after."

"Uuuuuuugggghhhhhhh alrightttt I guess that makes sense in some cruel world."

"Good now go paint me a picture pretty boy." I've always called him that. I think he gets annoyed by it but he hasn't asked me to stop so I guess I'll keep doing it. It's not like its anything serious and if it was to him I believe he would come tell me.

He basically slams the door right in front of me and I gasp hopefully load enough for him to hear.

I head back to the kitchen and pull the cake out of the fridge.

I really hope he likes it. It's a pretty neat cake and he's a pretty neat guy so it should go hand in hand.

I start slowly dabbing on this glossy, thick layer of chocolate icing and spread it around evenly. I still cant believe I love cooking. I always hated it growing up but now I'm almost at a level where I could do it for a living. It's crazy to think that with a better mind set and some practice you can actually be really good at something. Thats kind of what happened with my music. My dad always blared heavy metal and it was never really my thing but now that I'm older and know what types of music there are, I can play whatever I want. I'm doing pretty good too. I've got a steady gig that pays and I'm starting to gain a little rep outside of my town. I find myself just about every week with a new dm about how my music is nice and stuff from people out of my town.

It kind of hurts my brain when I think about people actually liking my music. Like I think it's okay but theres people out there who actually enjoy it? crazy. Like this feeling of creating something that people can relate to? It's such a high honestly. I hope it never stops. I think It gives me a great point of view on life.

I finish off the icing and stick the cake in the fridge for later. I really hope everyone enjoys it. Especially Zach. That boy needs some cheering up.

"Hey Zach!"

"Yeah Jasper?" He shouts back sarcastically.

"Wanna go get a book with me?"

"Uh sure. Just give me a minute." I walk over to our coat rack and pick up my black leather coat and just wait for him. I wonder what he's doing.

He walks out of his room all ready to go. He even did his hair.

"Couldn't you have just gotten a book when we were there with Abby?" I roll my eyes.

"Yes I could've but I didn't think of it till now dummy. Besides I need to waste time before Abby comes home so we can go for dinner, and I kinda like hangout with you incase you missed the memo. You're my best friend dude."

"Awe thanks man. You aren't so bad yourself." He grins and we head out the door. I take a minute and look at our apartment. I still can't believe I'm here. Thank god I am though.

I close the door and catch up to Zach. He's pretty fast. Probably shouldn't ever try to beat him in a race.

"So I guess we'll take the subway since Abby has the truck yeah?" Zach absolutely  loves the subway. I have no idea why, he just does.

I can tell his face lights up with pure joy. One of the many great things about him.

We head down the stairs right near our apartment to be met with the messy and busy underground chambers that people call the subway.

"But do we have too?" It's just so like, busy.

"Come on!" He shouts and then grabs my hand.

He drags me along the crowd of people smiling with absolute glee. He navigates through very well and he pulls us into one of the trains quickly.

"You sure this is the one?" I whisper because there's a lot of people.

"Of course." He smiles. He's still holding my hand. Weird.

He looks down and suddenly lets go. Then he grabs onto one of the poles with his sweater because germs.