Walks with him.

"Alright by Ab's!" I shout and slam the door. Zach and I head down the hall and outside onto the sidewalk.

We just stand there for a bit. The cold city air pierces through my lungs and I haven't had a moment to breathe in a little while. Theres nothing going on but sometimes I just need to take a minute.

After some time Zach nudges me and I follow along.

"So you've done some thinking about that gal you like?" He cringes. I don't know why.

"Yeah sure. I think I'm gonna give it a week or two and make sure I really feel that way about them. Not sure if I wanna go around telling people n askin' them out without being 100% sure. I'm not really that type of person."

"That sounds like a good plan my dude. As for the execution I suggest casual glances and light touching like in the movies. Try and talk to her a lot and make sure she knows you're gonna be her friend. Relationships can't really be built out of no where so spend time with her and just be nice in the mean time. and if you find out you don't really like her, most girls do look for guy friends who actually love em platonically instead of romantically or whatever." He nods well looking into the street. We live pretty close to this nice bridge that leads to a more forest part of town. Theres only a few houses and then the pool and a nice restaurant. It's a lovely little outskirt of town.

"Yeah that all sounds nice. What would you like though? Or what signs should I look for to see if she's like into me or whatever." He really does seem to hate this conversation. I hope I'm helping him though. I don't want him to think my advice is shit because I'm one of his only friends.

"Well if I had to think about it, I think girls act a little more out there for dudes. Some at least. Like they're be bolder or try to show of a little bit, see what you're missing I guess. I guess hanging out more is a big one, or subtle flirting, like not flirting but its kind and sweet almost like flirting. Girls normally want to be around the guy she likes normally. Now I'm not saying every girl is like this bot those are some of the things I noticed that are kinda cute."

He nods and we walk in silence for a bit.

We reach the bridge and Zach makes direct eye contact with me.

"Race ya!" He shouts and then starts sprinting.

"Hey no fair!" He always does this. I should start getting prepared. Usually i'm ready after the swim because I had a warning but I just keep forgetting.

I sprint across the bridge almost reaching Zach but he finishes about a second before me. He can run pretty good considering at the start he ran out of breathe two thirds of the way across the bridge. It was quiet comical.

"Fuck dude." I start panting and just about gasping for air. I'm fast but my lungs hate me

He smiles and turns away covering his mouth.

"You alright?" He normally doesn't cover his mouth unless he's embarrassed or uh well turned on but like I don't think thats it.

"Yeah i'm great. Lets go." He starts walking and always keeps a little faster pace then me all the way to the swimming pool. Interesting.

We finally arrive at the pool.

"Ladies first." He says and gestures to the fence. I roll my eyes and climb to the top, then jump back to the bottom.

Zach jumps down right after me and I take of my shirt. I don't mean to brag or anything but I'm pretty set. I work out twice a week and eat good most of the time so i'm fit I would say. Zach takes off his shirt as well. Him on the other hand. He eats everything and is still basically skinny but he doesn't really work out but he's cute none the less.

I take off my jeans, leaving me in nothing but my boxers and I run to jump into the pool. I make a decent size splash and manage to get Zach a little wet. I laugh and he does too.

"Hey wanna try something new? I've always been curious?" He asks well staring deep into my soul.

"Uh maybe. What is it?"

"Skinny dipping." I raise my eyebrow and he drops his pants and boxers. I dunk under water for a moment.

That sure took my by surprise wow. He's never been the one to try things but I guess since we're alone and we're makes it's a little easier. You know what I've known him long enough so who cares. Plus like he's um kinda big so what am I gonna do? It's not fair.

I take off my boxers and float to the surface. I then proceed to throw them at his face.

"Watch out." He starts running for the pool and I immediately dunk under knowing full well he's just trying to spray me. I return to the surface and he splashes me.

"Come on baby fight me with water." I splash him back, even more and he looks to be in shock for a moment.

We splash around for a bit then I eventually stop and just float on my back looking at the stars. The stars are really something. I've even wrote a song about em' they just kinda give me hope that theres other things out there. Zach swims up beside me slowly.

"You good?"

"Yeah. Just enjoying the view." I make eye contact with him and smile.

He smiles too.