Part 28

It's been about 3 hours now. Dylan left to get us some food a couple minutes ago. To be honest I'm not hungry at all. The last thing I want to do right now is eating. I have text messages blowing up my phone, but I don't want to look at them nor answer them. Right now I'm sitting on the edge of the couch with my foot tapping anxiously. I can't believe this happened. How did he even know where she was? But all I know is that I'm going to find him and do what he did to Y/n, but worse. I heard someone walk in and I quickly looked up. It was Mr.Stark. I went over to him,

"Is she okay?", I asked frantically,

"She's not the best right now. Her heart rate is abnormal. She's just not good right now. You can see that her body is changing. You can go see her if you want. I'd just be careful. She's not awake.", he said. I nodded and walked to where she was. I slowly opened the door to see she was laying on a bed with cords all over her. I walked over to her and pulled a chair up. I grabbed her hand and kind of jumped at how hot it was. I could hear the monitor beeping very, very slow. It was like she was about to die. I rested my head against my hands, still holding hers.

"I'm sorry.", I whispered. I kissed her knuckles. I looked at her arm and her veins were still glowing. You could just tell by looking at her that she was going through a transformation. It looked like her body was getting more mature. But it also looked like it was painful because you could see the muscles in her arms twitching. I stood up from the chair and got on the bed. I carefully laid next to her and wrapped my arms around her. Her head was in my chest and her body was warm. I carefully lifted her chin up and kissed her lips softly. After that, I really didn't say anything. I just sat there comforting her.

The Next Day

May made me go to school because she has been noticing my absences and is getting a little aggravated with me. And of course, Ned dragged me out of the house to school. He didn't really say anything except for asking if I wanted to help build the Death Star during lunch. I said yes because I thought it might be good for me to hang out with my mind off of Y/n... Ned came to my locker and talked to me about how many pieces there are. I closed my locker and started to walk. I looked up and saw Liz walk by down the hall with her friends. She spotted me and smiled and waved. I looked away unamused and continued listening to Ned. I got through half of the day alright. But it was time for lunch, so I made my way to the band room where Ned told me to meet him. I walked in and saw he was sitting on the floor with the LEGO's spread out all over the floor.

"Hey, Pete.", he said joyfully,

"Hey, Ned.",

"Let's do this! We need to beat our time.", he said. I sat across from him.

"Ready?! 3...2...1...Go!", he said and we both went to it. For a while, it was quiet until Ned finally spoke up,

"Can I ask you a question?", he said,

"Yeah sure.", I said looking down putting pieces together,

"Like what really happened the other day at Alex's?", he asked. I kinda stopped, but started to continue what I was doing,

"Well...",

"You don't have to tell me.", he said. I thought about for a second and decided I might as well tell him because he already knows pretty much everything except for this,

"Um...Y/n... she kinda is going through a change.", I said,

"Ohhh is it... you know. Her period?", he whispered the last part,

"What no. It's more severe...", I said. He looked and me with a concerned look. So I took a deep breath and told him everything that happened in the beginning and to now. And after I was done we had finished the Death Star and he was sitting across from me with a shocked look on his face.

"So what is she?", he asked,

"Well... we don't know yet.", I said,

"She's not good though.",

"No, not at all.", I said looking down,

"Hey don't worry. She's going to be okay. She's very strong. She can make it through this.", Ned said and smiled at me,

"I know.", I smiled back at him and the bell rung,

"Hey, we beat our time by 5 minutes.", he said. He stuck his hand out. I looked at it and chuckled. We did our handshake and both laughed. We both got up and Ned picked up our LEGO set. We both said our goodbyes and agreed we would walk home together. Maybe this day won't be that bad.