can we talk?

##; | feb 15th,, 2019.

sunny yelled as she ran towards the boy, "minghao!"

they were both on their way to the company building for practice. he was several steps ahead of the girl and didn't respond when she yelled his name multiple times. she eventually got to his side and tapped him in the shoulder.

"hey!"

minghao gave her a brief glance before humming in response."

"are you okay?" she asked.

he rounded the corner away from her and ignored your question. she didn't follow him because he took the longer route to the practice room. she let it go as she walked down the typical hallway to their studio.

she was walking down the hallway, wondering why he had started ignoring her and acting strangely around her. he began this the day after she spent the night at suri's apartment.

instead of engaging in practice, she decided at the last minute to escape to her personal studio. she now had something more to worry about about as a result of him.

she entered her studio, locked the door, and aggressively dropped her practice bag on the floor.

all she could think about was if something happened between mingyu and minghao during her two-day absence. she sat in her desk chair, putting the mental puzzle together. mingyu and minghao were also having difficulty maintaining their friendship after her return.

she took her phone from her pocket, unlocked it, and dialed hoshi's number.

"could you please tell minghao to come to my studio? i need to talk to him about something." sunny asked.

hoshi agreed, stating he'd tell minghao to come over. she hung up the phone and placed it on her desk, which was piled high with handwritten paperwork.

a knock came to her studio door a few minutes later. she observed a tall boy's shadow through the door.

"come on in." she said.

she took her bag from the floor, which was blocking the door, and placed it on one of the vacant chairs. she offered him to sit, and even though he respectfully accepted, he gave off a distant vibe.

sunny leaned back in her chair, facing the boy who was gazing away from her. she groaned and clasped her hands together on her lap.

"what's been going on lately?" sunny asked quietly.

he looked up at her and made brief eye contact before returning his gaze to the black floor. he shook his head slowly and hesitantly bounced his leg.

"there is nothing wrong."

"really?" sunny scoffed, "we hung out like usual before i left for suri's apartment and now you're acting like we had an argument."

she noticed how he kept his gaze fixed on the floor, refusing to accept his madness with her. 

"did i do something wrong before i left?" sunny said, her hands moving in circular motions.

"no," minghao said shortly after she asked, "i don't want to discuss anything with you right now."

she nodded, a little irritated that he didn't want to chat with her. they were always confusing in each other, which was why it was unusual that he didn't want to. she crossed her legs and stroked her soft hair with one of her hands.

"all i want to know is how to fix our friendship."

minghao looked up at her, muttered in frustration, and began his confession to prevent her from asking any further questions.

"sunny, i like you!" minghao yelled, "i'm not sure why, but i've had feelings for you for years. it's so annoying that mingyu got to you first because i told him i liked you before he did. i'm avoiding you because seeing you and knowing i can't like because you're with someone is the most difficult thing for me. i know you're happy with him, and i want you to be happy, but i can't forget about my feelings for you! i'm at a loss for words, sunny! i promised myself i wouldn't let this happen, but i just wanted to let you know i like you."

he entirely emptied his mind, telling the girl everything he thought about her.

sunny was stunned and sat still. he stood up when he saw how she reacted to his confession, and as much as she wanted to stop him, all she could do was watch as she walked down the hall.

the next few days were stressful, made harder by the fact that she couldn't confide in the fellow members because they had no idea.

however, over the course of a few days, the members began to notice how they both purposefully avoided each other everywhere. she never pushed anything, whether it was a conversation or just hanging around. she didn't talk to many people, eat, or sleep as much as she needed to because of their difficult chat that day.

their members would regularly check on her and minghao, but neither would reveal why they weren't interacting with the other.

"i'm just heading to my studio," sunny said every time one of her members asked where she was headed.

sunny's thoughts were all over the place at this point. she had no idea what she was going to do with the information she had obtained from him that day.

did she tell one of her members, or did she keep it completely hidden so as not to offend mingyu?