Player 2- Part 2

--Michael's POV--

As soon as he left, I immediately felt emptier. Whenever we were apart it felt like claws were being raked across my heart. To calm down, I went to take a shower. After I was dressed and clean, I started to immediately feel better. Everyone needs to be alone from time to time, I reminded myself. It's perfectly healthy.

I waited around for a few seconds before immediately pulling out my phone. 

HeadphonesKid: Rich

GoodBiNormies: hey how was last night lover boyyyy

HeadphonesKid: Uggh please just shut up and listen? I want to complain here

GoodBiNormies: complain away

GoodBiNormies: who knows this could be interesting

HeadphonesKid: well it's about jeremy

GoodBiNormies: ooooo it will be interesting

GoodBiNormies: hold on let me call u it'll be easier than having to wait a million years for u to respond with an essay confessing your love to the wrong person

HeadphonesKid: Fine

--Christine's POV--

My phone buzzed again as I got another text from Rich. 

GoodBiNormies: omg im cryyyingg right now 

Dramatically: Why?

GoodBiNormies: Michael is about to call me to talk about all his feelings for Jeremy

Dramatically: OK but why is that funny?

 GoodBiNormies: You're with Jeremy, right?

I looked over to see Jeremy gazing thoughtfully at an Alvin and the Chipmunk's shirt.

Dramatically: Sure am

GoodBiNormies: lolllll ok so ill have you join the call and when he starts to talk about jeremy hand the phone off to jeremy

Dramatically: SO LIKE A SECRET CONFESSION??? I'M IN

GoodBiNormies: nice hold on a sec

--Jeremy's POV--

Hmm.... it's a bit overpriced, but it seems like good fabric... Suddenly, my thoughts were interrupted. Christine was next to me and she was forcing her phone in my hand. 

"I put you on mute, don't say anything, just listen!" She was grinning from ear-to-ear. 

"What is this abo-"She cut me off before I had the chance to finish.

"Shhh!!" She put one finger over her lips and I quietly obeyed. Now listening more closely, I could hear Michael's voice on the other end. 

"It's just... I don't know how I can stand it! It's like, I want to be with him, but at the same time my heart flies out the window every time I even speak to him! Just this morning I said I like to 'Watch him in his natural habitat.' What the fuck was that?" 

My heart started racing. He's...he's talking about me!  Now listening more intently, I could hear Rich laughing. 

"Oh, shut up Rich!" Michael's voice was the loudest again. "I just..I don't know what to do. I love him, no matter how much I try to convince myself otherwise." Now I could feel my whole face going red. "I just don't know what to do. Christine, you're good at this; give me your opinion." 

The call went silent. With shaky hands, I took the phone off silent. "Hey, Micha?"  

--Michael's POV--

My entire body froze. Before I could think another second, I hung up.Thoughts swirled inside my head. How long was he there? How much did he hear? Was everyone in on this? Obviously, Christine had to be, but what about Rich? Would he do something like that? No, of course he would. 

My phone buzzed again. It was from Christine. I let it ring, the vibrating like a siren in my ears. I sat on the floor for what felt like ages, the tile cold underneath my feet, thoughts cutting open my mind, shredding my heart, until I heard the doorbell ring. 

Great. Now my life is ruined. My only friend's going to hate me, and now the only thing left to do is try to salvage as much of this as I can. I slowly opened the door.  Jeremy was standing just outside. I began, "Jeremy, I'm so sorry, I-"

Before I could finish, I could feel  warmth around my arms and his lips against mine. The kiss lasted for maybe a second or two before he let go. "Michael, I love you."

I could feel my face turn red. I looked at his face; he was blushing from head to toe, and was wearing that goofy smile and that twinkle in his eye that he displayed whenever he was excited. I embraced him, his body comfortable next to mine and his breath warm again my skin. "I love you to."

(aaanndddd i don't know how to end stories so here's this instead)

(I'd also love to take suggestions but no one's even reading these lol)

Words-725