One

I slam the classroom door shut behind me. I stick my middle finger up at the teacher, who is calmly teaching the rest of my class. The blue trash can in the corridor is knocked over and rolls to the left, my knuckles sting as I hit the brick wall. I tear down the student council poster and tear it down the middle, then proceed to destroy every other poster in sight. Goodbye choir, goodbye hockey, goodbye art, goodbye... I tear down the next poster and stare at it, I read it once and then another few times. I slouch onto the ground, my back to the lockers and read the poster again. "The burden of breaking hearts." I whisper. I fold the poster up and put it into my back pocket, then get up and throw some more stuff around and yell.
"Mr Johnstone!" My teacher shouts coming out of the classroom and pushing me up against the lockers.
"Leave me alone, Dad!" I scream, pushing him out of the way and storming towards the bathrooms.
"You get back here, right now, Mr Johnstone." My dad instructs, "If your mother could see this she would be very disappointed in you."
"Leave me alone!" I scream again, causing Mrs Richards to come out of her Biology classroom to see what's going on.
"Young Mr Johnstone," She begins, her eyes full of kindness and her false teeth showing as she smiles. "Do come in, I'm just doing some marking right now. We can have some tea and a chat."
I nod and quickly follow the old lady into her classroom, making a hand gesture to my dad just before I shut the door.
Mrs Richards sat down on her desk chair, a pink cushion lay on the ground beside her. On her desk sat about a dozen photographs, some of her and her husband, some on her children and some of her young grandchildren. I wandered to the back of the classroom and turned the little kettle on.
"What was going on out there?" Mrs Richards smiles, putting on her spectacles and grabbing a packet of biscuits out of her little pink bag.
"I was just being silly, Miss. My dad was a bit harsh towards me."
"Yes," She giggled, "I've known your father for years, he's not much of a joker, is he?"
I shake my head. We sit in silence for a while, Mrs Richards smiles at me, and I try my best to not be awkward.
"You remind me of my grandson." She says as she gets up to pour the tea. "He's a very sweet boy, like yourself."
"Thank you." I reply. She just chuckles.
"Do you want milk and sugar?" She asks.
"Yes, please." I say, becoming conscious of the time.
Mrs Richards hands me the tea and sits down again, she offers me the biscuits but I decline.
"You seem to be settling into this school nicely." She says, "I thought you'd be struggling due to the circumstances."
I nod. I came to this school about four weeks ago, after my Mum passed away and I had to move across the country to live with my dad. I don't feel like I'm settling in at all.
"Did you go to a private school before moving here?" She asks me, taking another sip of her very weak tea.
"No, I just went to my local school, there were girls and boys there." I sigh, thinking of all the friends I had to leave behind.
"So it's good you've been to a school with girls before. It's not all new."
"Miss, it's awful. Being the only boy in a school full of posh girls is horrible. You have no idea what I'm going through." I put my tea down on her desk and walk out. I feel the bulge in my back pocket and pull out the poster. 'Every Monday lunchtime in the hockey changing rooms.' I check my watch, Lunch has just started. I run towards the back of the school and knock on the door. I hear a female voice saying to come in, so I take a deep breath and push the doors open.