Five

"Tell us about your first kiss!" A blonde girl smiles.
"Why are you so interested in my relationship?" I laugh, "It's not the most exciting thing in the world."
"We go to an all girls school," Penny starts, "You are the first boy we've had a conversation about boys with, like, ever!"
"Do none of you have a brother?" I ask them.
"I have two," Lucy says, "but I'd never talk to them about relationships."
"Fair point." I say, and begin setting the scene for my second story.

"Are you free this evening?" Jacob asks me as we come out of school. We hadn't really been hanging around much, but he was the only person in the school who spoke to me.
"Yeah," I say, even though I knew my mum was in hospital and the neighbour I was staying with didn't want me going out alone at night.
"Cool," Jacob says, "I'll come round to yours at seven, we could go bowling or something."
I smile at him. "That would be nice. See you then."
I watch Jacob disappear around the corner, then I turn my back and walk in the opposite direction, a spring in my step and a feeling in my stomach I've never felt before.

"Harvey, where have you been?" My neighbour, Linda asks.
"I walked home from school." I reply.
"Harvey, you know we get worried if you aren't home by 4." Linda's husband, Dave, says.
"I'm sorry." I start, "I didn't mean to worry you."
"What were you doing walking home, it's freezing outside." Linda says.
"You don't even have a jacket." Dave adds.
"I've said I'm sorry!" I exclaim.
"Harvey, there's no need for that tone of voice." Dave begins.
I open the front door and run back to my own house. My mum didn't want me staying there by myself while she was away. I take my shoes of when I get inside and go through to the kitchen, my mum's medicine bottles sit in tidy rows. I put some bread in the toaster and ignore the doorbell as it rings out for the fourth time. I see Dave banging on my living room window, so I close the curtains and go to my bedroom. My phone buzzes, it's Jacob. "Any chance we can go out at six instead of seven?"
"Yeah," I reply.
"Cool, see you in ten." He says.
I check my clock, it is ten to six. I get changed, grab a hoodie and put my shoes on, then I switch the Tv on and change the channel to something cool. Jacob soon arrives at my door, wearing sunglasses even though it's dark. I invite him inside, but he just looks at me. I look back at him, his hair is dark blonde and his cheekbones make his face look like a heart. The side of his mouth turns up slightly and he offers me his hand. "You look perfect tonight." He whispers to me. I take his hand and we walk down the street together. We decide not to go to the movies, but instead we go to the park. We sit together on a bench under the full moon. Jacob puts his strong hand against my cheek then places his soft lips against mine. We kiss for a minute, My heart pounding in my chest. Then we sit side by side, not even looking at each other, until the early hours of the morning.