Step By Step

You woke up in a jolt to a sound. You stood up to look behind you to still see you are on the same level. You wished so-to-god that it was a dream. The sound you heard sounded as if it was a pipe being dropped. The clanging sound echoed up towards you. You were too frightened to say anything.

Your body froze in fear. What was that? Is somebody down here? How long were you asleep? You kept thinking of these questions as a deep low growl filled the area below. It didn't sound human, nor like any animal you had ever heard. You slowly approached the railing to look down. Only complete darkness filled the empty void.

Should you say something? Should you call out to it? What the hell was it? "H-Hello?", you shouted loud enough in a whimpering voice. Only silence was present. Should you go down? What the hell could be down there? Thoughts filled your mind one after another. You waited, you waited to be sure there was no noise.

You were for sure this time you didn't want to continue. Then again, you couldn't just wait there. You thought of what to do...

Down.

Down was the only option. Whatever was "down", you had to face it. You carefully went down the stairs, trying to make as little noise as possible.

1

2

3

Tip tap

3

4

5

Level 31 is what you reached. You took a shaky breath. Cold air that formed into a musty cloud left your mouth. It was getting colder. You were either going to get out or freeze to death. Getting out was the better option. You looked at the level once more realizing when you run, the levels go faster. You knew what you had to do. You sprinted down the stairs. Passing each level, hoping to reach an end.

Level 34

Level 40

Level 45

Level 55

You stopped to catch your breath. You looked up to see what Level you were on, Level 55. You had no idea if you were getting closer. There was no time to stop, you kept going.

Level 56

Level 59

Level 66

Level 67