Perseus

"Come on Viktor, Cedric! Perseus will be here any minute!" shouted Merin to the two boys.

They were the same age as her; Viktor, a slightly stocky looking little boy with short, dark hair, and dark brown eyes. Cedric, on the other hand, had a thinner frame, with bronze colored, wavy hair, and misty-colored eyes. They had been friends for nearly three years now and had become extremely close. So close in fact, that they both new her secret and had still remained friends with her.

"Hurry up!" she rushed, in what she wanted to be a scowl, but failing to hide her large grin.

"She has gone mad, she has." mumbled Cedric, suppressing a smile. "You'll get in trouble for running." he warned in an almost sing-song voice, although trying to hide a smile.

"Oh shut up!" said the other boy cheerily, in a squeaky Bulgarian accent, as he ran past him in the hall.
"Come on, before she falls and then we will be the ones in trouble." he said, also trying, and failing, to suppress a grin.

The two boys scurried after the excited girl, who was sprinting down the hall, in full speed. Subsequently, taking the stairs two by two. Her dark curls bounced as her feet reached each step, her deep green eyes bright.

It had now been 5 years since the incident with the snake had happened. After it occurred, her brother, Perseus (who was 13 years old at the time), had taken hold of her hand, hugged her, and ran back to the manor, Merin in tow. He then went on to explain what he had winessed to their parents. She was also asked to explain, to which she had answered,
"It spoke to me, the serpent spoke to me!" she had answered delightedly, unfazed by the strange event. If only she had known what it meant.

Her parents, were certainly shocked of all things, since nobody in the family had shown this gift in over a century. Although they had maintained calm expressions, so as to not frighten the 5 year old girl, they went on to explain that she was a Parslemouth. They ordered her to keep it a secret, in fear of what people might think, had they known their daughter spoke Parsletongue.

The Fawleys were a rich and proud Pureblood wizard family, who very few new to be long-lost descendents of Salazar Slytherin. Those that did know this piece of information, kept it quiet through threats and bribes. Despite this, the family was not compromised of Death Eaters. They did not wish to be asociated with them, which would, in their eyes cast them out of society. In fact, her mother (who had been sorted into Ravenclaw during her time at Hogwarts) and father (a former Slytherin) had decided to go into hiding and remain neutral during the First Wizarding War against You-Know-Who.

Her older, and only brother, Perseus Fawley (who had been sorted into Slytherin like his father) had attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry from 1981-1988, and had not been home in a while. Today, was the first day he was visiting since his graduation ceremony at Hogwarts. Merin and Perseus were very close for as long as either could remember, and cared about each other dearly, despite the large age difference between them. This was the reason she was rushing down the stairs and through halls to the family's common area, where Perseus would be apparating any minute now.

As she jumped the last step, she arrived to the common area, and began to walk, knowing her mother would disapprove of her running through the house. A few seconds later, Viktor and Cedric came to a Her older, and only brother, Perseus Fawley (who had been sorted into Slytherin like his father) had attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry from 1981-1988, and had not been home in a while. Today, was the first day he was visiting since his graduation ceremony at Hogwarts. Merin and Perseus were very close for as long as either could remember, and cared about each other dearly, despite the large age difference between them. This was the reason she was rushing down the stairs and through halls to the family's common area, where Perseus would be apparating any minute now. and walked next to her, towards the girl's parents who were seated waiting for their son as well.
"Merin, you shouldn't be running through the halls" her mother warned.
"Told you so" whispered Cedric in an amused voice.
"Sorry mum, I'm just very excited to see Perseus." Merin answered in an innocent tone.