Prologue

"Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice"

There wasn't any trail. Not a single footstep or not even a single mark. The grass swayed as the cold wind blew across the gloomy night sky. The light from a small chandelier which was hanging on the porch illuminates the garden. Soft whistles were heard outside of the fence. It was then followed by a faint sound of footsteps. Her heart beats faster. Adrenaline pumped through her veins nervously. Fear ripped through her soul. She shifted her glance towards the ticking clock. It was three in the morning. Who would be walking around the house? Her mind wandered through the lists she had been constructing in her mind. Her movements were restricted by her anxiety. 

Sleep did not matter to her anymore. Her hands found their way towards her thick, fluffy blanket. Her eyes fixated to the windows where the curtains were flying due to the blowing wind. Even though there was a hint of tiredness in her voice, she did not want to close it. Anxiety ripped through her. She feared that someone might stand or appear in front of her while she closed her eyes. However, after a couple of minutes, tiredness won over, breaking her determination to stay awake. Her head fell between her knees which she had been holding close throughout the whole night.

The phone vibrated multiple times. It played her favorite song; Alone as her wake-up-alarm. Slowly, she rose from her slumber, rubbing her eyes. There was a dark line formed beneath her eyes indicating the amount of sleep she actually needed. Shutting the alarm, she immediately settled up to her morning routine. She was glad that she had a long day off to herself with no pile of files to go over and over again. Despite the joyous mood, her mind and soul were still terrified by what she had been through the night before. Yesterday..... It wasn't the first time. Grabbing her phone, she arranged her steps towards the kitchen. Coffee was her favourite and it always had been. A good day always starts with a good cup of caffeine.

While she sipped the cup of coffee, she took out a small box containing tons of notes she had collected. Since it was daylight she decided to do some little gardening in her small garden. Some of her neighbors were doing their daily chores. As always she found a note on her lane. Today is Monday; so she got a red note between the grasses. As she picked it up, her body shivered with fear. Her fingers trembled as she picked it up. Her mind went haywire for that minute. She was afraid that she would never be able to get away from the fear she always had for the past two weeks. 

The notes had been sent to her daily for the past two weeks continuously with only two colours; blue or red. At first, she thought it was a mere note, sent by the kids around her neighborhood. But, as the note kept appearing with strange sentences, she began to get worried. She thought of it throwing it, but her instincts told her to keep; so she did.

Two weeks. Fourteen notes. A soft sigh escaped her lips. Other than the notes, she also received a box containing a ruby ring on the eighth day.

Fourteen notes; that's too much; especially from someone unknown. 

Each notes brought different meanings. After collecting the note, she watered her plants and immediately stepped back into the house taking out a box where she kept all the notes. The door was closed to prevent anyone from barging into her house while she was not looking. Dumping everything out, she arranged the notes neatly on the table according to the days she had gotten it. From those notes, she hoped that she would be able to attain some clues to escape herself from this miserable trouble. 

Morning, she would receive notes and night; she would have to put up with the sound from her gardens. 

She knew it was nothing much to worry about from anyone else but personally and internally she is afraid for any possible obstacle she is about to face soon. Sometimes she would hear knocks coming from her front door. She dared not pick to see who it was, fearing that the person would kill her straight. Her eyes gazed towards every single one of the notes reading them all over again.