Chapter 3

Jethro

The bell rang, telling Jethro that once again, he was late to class. He didn't care though. School was a complete waste of time. When would any of this stuff matter in real life ? Especially Earth Space, the class he happened to be late to. Jethro had no intentions of becoming an astronaut or geologist. This class was going to suck, majorly.

A sigh rolled out his mouth as he opened the door to his class. His eyes quick scanned the class for any friends. Nope.

His search came to a halt as he laid eyes on a blonde head of hair that he did not recognize. Jethro knew just about everyone in this school, except for this girl. That was going to have to change. A loud cough cut through Jethro's train of thought. "Mr. Gates I presume ?"

"Yup," Jethro said, popping the 'p' for emphasis.

"Jethro Gates is the name. Don't wear it out." He snuck another peak at the blonde beauty. He really was going to have to get to know her.

"Well Mr. Gates, please take a seat." The only open seat was in the front. Great.

Jethro immediately tuned out the teacher. His thoughts floated around the nameless face that intrigued him. Who was she ? Where was she from ? What is she like ?

He was going to get her number. The only problem was figuring out how he was going to do it. He could ask her after class. Boring. He could take her phone and just put his number in. Risky.

Jethro's plotting was ever so rudely interrupted by his teacher handing out syllabuses. No one ever uses these, he thought. Why is this guys email so important that it got it's own lecture ? Did people even use emails anymore ?

That wasn't important. What was important was figuring out the perfect way to get this new girl's number. It had to be just right or he might get shot down.

After what felt like decades, he decided how he was going to approach her. Just then Jethro could feel eyes on him. They hadn't left him since he entered the class. Through the corner of his eye he could see the new girl watching him. If she wanted a show, by God she'd get one. Jethro tousled his hair and flicked his tongue out to play with his lip ring. He was pretty sure he heard a faint sigh. His face contorted into an acute smirk. Perfect.