That Sunshine Named, Jisoo

-
-
-

The snow blanket around the city is making everything white and well, calming. I always find winter as my season to relax. I felt at peace with the coldness of the weather plus, the hot beverage during this time is more appealing. I just love my hot brewed coffee at winter than anytime else. I took the gray scarf draped on the doorknob and placed it around my neck. I can't remember putting the scarf there but, whatever. I'm messy that way. Locking the door behind me, I breathed in the smell of the morning breeze. It instantly made me smile and I felt my heart tug excitedly. I adjusted my scarf, flip my light brown hair, and hid my hand on the pockets of my brown jacket. Strolling around the streets of Minteo is one of my usual activities everyday but, I just felt today is more special. Aside from the fact that I just woke up earlier than my normal routine, I just find this day different for some unknown reason. The way to my favourite coffeeshop is not too far but, I decided that today is a different one indeed. I took the longer way around the park beside the shop just to stroll around more. Chilly weather blew my skin making me slightly shudder. I squinted my eyes from the sunlight coming from the Eastside where the shop is. It looks even warmer today. Just the right place, I thought. Once I arrived at my destination, Mrs. Park, the baker, greeted me firsthand with a hug and a smile that I've grown to love. She was by the door when she saw me and was a little surprised to see me earlier than usual. The fifty-year-old woman went back to the kitchen shortly after. The barista, Rose, greeted me as well. She was also around my age and had known my type of coffee like the back of her hand. Somebody told me that you can make a wife of someone who knows how to make your type of coffee. But, Rose and I were just friends, and best friends even. But, I never doubt that Rose could be a great wife soon.

The cafe wasn't packed this morning since it's quite a bit early, for me at least. After a quick scan, my eyes caught on at most three occupied tables and the rest are unoccupied. I sat at my usual spot, glad that it wasn't occupied as well, and waited patiently for my daily dose of caffeine. I heard the quiet hum of the brewing machine and the faint sound of a few people chatting. I breathed in the sweet smell of cake blended with the strong aroma of coffee. Heaven.

Today felt like an ordinary morning, until now.

My coffee arrived with a slice of cake courtesy of Mrs. Park who gave me a thumbs up from the kitchen window while I mouthed a 'thank you'. Rose left instantly seeing that another customer has arrived. The chimes echoed lightly signalling that someone entered the cozy cafe. Normally, I wouldn't bother looking at whoever enters the shop but, I knew today is different.

And the reason just entered the coffee shop.

Long brown hair that looked so soft under the beaming sunlight touching her; light smooth skin glowing like she's no ordinary human being. Eyes that gives no mercy on me as if those bright eyes would kill me if they glance on me; and that lips that seem to flip my insides with the fireflies coming up. My cheeks felt suddenly warm. The fireflies had escaped.

The goddess has entered my life.

The counter is a few feet away from where I sat and I cannot hear the gorgeous woman's voice. I suddenly hate the faint sound of people chatting nonsense. I'm close to shouting: 'all of you, shut the fuck up so I could hear the goddess' voice!'

But no, I just stood there helplessly staring at the woman who made me rethink of my life. Don't get me wrong, I have known for years that I'm gay and it's what makes me feel right. I'm 24 and I still get surprised how gay actually I am. Like I could be supergay with the amount of gayness inside me now. My super powers could be spitting rainbows and riding a unicorn who can speak 4 languages like I do. My mind is on rampage that makes me think of how single I am too.