One Shot #1

It was a cold early morning. The sun is still not visible but the sky is already starting to spread light on the wide horizon, Chanyeol nuzzled closer to the body next to him, inhaling the sweet scent of strawberry-vanilla on the smaller's hair and hugged him even tighter.

     This week has been a hell for him at work, a lot of deadlines to be chased, business proposals to be approved, business meetings to attend to, more hours in the office and less sleep, he barely ate the entire week and barely saw his wife and baby boy even if they just stay at the same home. He would go to work with his wife and son still sleeping and go back home with both of them already sleeping. He felt bad that he couldn't get to be with them as much, unlike before.

     And he was very much thankful. That week was finally over. He already have all the time in the world to be with his lovely wife and cute son again as much as he wants. And he smiled on the thought of that.

     He was already starting drift off back into a deep slumber when he heard the door creak open, he didn't mind it and just continued enjoying the warmth of the comforter and of the body next to him when he suddenly felt a small chubby hand tap his back gently.

     "Daddy?" the small voice called, he wanted to pretend to be asleep and thought that if this little guy would see him still sleeping, he would go back to his room and sleep again, but he knew his son better. He also missed his son and wife so bad so an idea came up to his mind.

     He turned around and smiled at the little boy who looked at him with big, round curious eyes. The boy smiled brightly upon seeing that his Dad is awake and he immediately hugged his neck and shouted, "You're awake!" and giggled slightly when he felt his Dad's stubbles tickle his neck.

     "Sssshhhh.. Mama's still asleep. He's tired and we don't want him to wake up, do we?" Chanyeol told the boy in a hushed voice. The boy immediately pouted and shook his little head. Chanyeol ruffled his hair and lift him up to put him on his stomach to sit.

     "How was your sleep young man?" he asked while staring at his son, yawning cutely while rubbing his eyes. "I slept well, Dad. Mama read me a very good bedtime story last night!" he giggled again and Chanyeol can't help but to kiss his baby boy's chubby cheeks. The boy nuzzled on his neck and said, "I missed you so much, Daddy. I've not seen you for a week." Chanyeol felt the boy's sadness while saying those words and he felt bad for his son. He hugged his 5-year old boy, "I'm sorry, baby. Daddy had been busy at work and didn't have much time." He explained, "That's not important anymore, baby. I'm here and we can spend the whole day together again. Do you want to go somewhere?" He asked his baby boy and kissed his pouting lips. The boy smiled brightly again and was about to shout in glee when both of them felt an arm wrap around Chanyeol's well-sculpted abdomen.

     "Good morning my babies," Baekhyun greeted both of them with a warm and bright smile. "Mama!" Chanhyun extended his little chubby arms while letting himself free-fall on his mother's body. He attacked his Mom with morning kisses and Baekhyun can't help but to giggle. "Good morning, lovely." Chanyeol greeted his wife with a smug smile. He intentionally made his husky voice even huskier for a sexier effect. Baekhyun laughed and greeted back, "Good morning, handsome." And kissed him fully on the lips. They broke the kiss and Chanyeol placed another chaste kiss on the shorter's forehead and started talking, "So I thought of going somewhere today. You know, like a sort of a family bonding, a picnic perhaps? I just wanna catch up with the past week that I haven't been able to have time for both of you." Chanyeol said while brushing the falling hair strand off of his wife's forehead. Baekhyun watched their son as he found interest on his nails, trying to get something out of it, listening to what his parents are talking about.

     Baekhyun didn't respond but hugged him tightly instead. "You do missed us alot, don't you?" he said while clinging on to his husband's neck, squishing their son between them. Chanhyun giggled, loving the feeling of being squished between his parents.

     "Of course, I do, babe. I missed you both alot." He said, rubbing soothing circles on the smaller's back. Baekhyun kissed Chanyeol's lips passionately and and got out of bed. "I'll be preparing the things we need for the picnic. Take a bath and please bathe Chanhyun as well. Fix yourself and your son then go downstairs for the breakfast." Baekhyun commanded while putting a robe on and kissing both his husband's and his son's cheeks. "As you wish, Your Highness," Chanyeol said while jokingly bowing, earning a laugh from both his wife and his son.

     Chanyeol got up of bed and lifted his son up, running around the room while making airplane noises. The room was filled with laughters from the small family.

     Baekhyun smiled at the sight, satisfied and happy with the view of his husband and his son laughing and playing, What did I do in my past life to deserve a life like this? He thought to himself as he descended down the stairs to prepare the things they need for their picnic. This would be an amazing day! He smiled and started his day.